Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sundowner VS Stock Seat

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2006, 07:36 PM
Domestic Violence
Stellar HDF Member
Received 78 Likes on 30 Posts
Default RE: Sundowner VS Stock Seat

a sundowner is on my list of 'mods'... but not so much for me, but for the wife. she wants a wider, more cushioned seat

Old 09-11-2006, 08:20 PM
Primo
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: BadX

Mod the stocker to be like a sundowner, there is plenty of foam to take out without loosing any comfort and it actually makes it more comfortable. I did mine, bpterb's and GliderXXX's seats. Ask those guys how they like it.

In can see where shaving can improve the ride for the rider but can you do anything for the passenger portion of the seat?

I think most of us are most concerned with "you know who" being comfortable riding on the back.

Primo

Old 09-12-2006, 12:27 AM
BadX
Elite HDF Member
Received 91 Likes on 50 Posts

ORIGINAL: Primo

In can see where shaving can improve the ride for the rider but can you do anything for the passenger portion of the seat?

I think most of us are most concerned with "you know who" being comfortable riding on the back.

Primo
I wish there was something I could do for the passenger part of the seat.

Old 09-12-2006, 12:55 AM
1goindiesel
Road Master
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Thanks for the info guys. I just returned from a western ride while taking in Iron Pony. Did 6000 miles in 15 days on the stock seat on Blue. I hear a lot of good things about the sundowner, I can tell you that, for me, the stocker hurt my azz, especially on over 500 days. I am going to try the sundowner.

Old 09-12-2006, 01:40 AM
GliderXXX
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 52 Likes on 38 Posts

ORIGINAL: BadX

Mod the stocker to be like a sundowner, there is plenty of foam to take out without loosing any comfort and it actually makes it more comfortable. I did mine, bpterb's and GliderXXX's seats. Ask those guys how they like it.

BadX does great work and it really gives you that Sundowner feel with a much sleeker look. I highly reccomend letting him work your stock seat over.

Glider

Old 09-12-2006, 03:10 AM
Nadil
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, I don't ride a Road or Street Glide but do have a RK Classic and I sat on a friends RK with sundowner and it beats the stock one to hell and back for comfort. I have mine on order and hope to have it installed by next weekened.

Old 09-12-2006, 03:59 PM
bucs012
Road Master

Got the Sundowner last night. Freak'n rained all last night and about 58 degrees and spitting rain today. I want to try my new seat!

Initial feeling last night, sitting on the bike, in the garage making motorcycle noises like a little kid pretending to drive a car....It feels like the stock RG seat. Perhaps will feel better the longer I sit on it. I will ride tonight no matter what!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-12-2006, 04:07 PM
kdietz
Road Captain

I bought one yesterday for my Ultra and I'm very happy with it so far....I've been through the stock seat....Corbin Dual Tour....C & C Sport Tour and finally the Sundowner.

I'm heading to Colorado tomorrow, so I'll give it a good workout over the next few days

Karl

Old 09-12-2006, 04:18 PM
dogmatic66
Novice

ORIGINAL: Primo

Deeper bucket gives more lower back support and the seat is cut narrower in the front. Wider and more padding for passenger.

Primo
How much deeper do you sit? I have an 06 RK standard and I currently sit with good visibility over the top of the windshield. I'm worried about sitting lower and having the top cut a line through my forward view. I just took my longest ride to date, 1100 miles over Labor Day weekend and my butt was killing me, so I need an upgrade as well.

Old 09-12-2006, 05:56 PM
bucs012
Road Master

Primo
[/quote]

How much deeper do you sit? I have an 06 RK standard and I currently sit with good visibility over the top of the windshield. I'm worried about sitting lower and having the top cut a line through my forward view. I just took my longest ride to date, 1100 miles over Labor Day weekend and my butt was killing me, so I need an upgrade as well.
[/quote]

Damn, You better get a car seat!!

Quick Reply: Sundowner VS Stock Seat