Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Using the Droid 2 on the bike

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2010, 07:05 PM
Slope
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Using the Droid 2 on the bike

After some research I found the most cost effective solution to using the Droid 2 on the bike. I purchased the OEM Car Window Mount cradle (http://www.amazon.com/Droid-Vehicle-...4595070&sr=8-1) and the IG-B01A: i.Trek Bike Mount for Garmin Nuvi (http://www.amazon.com/IG-B01A-i-Trek.../dp/B001EUCWQK). The i.Trek mount uses the same ball size as the OEM cradle. Works like a charm! An added benefit is that you can take the cradle from mount to mount (bike to car) very easily. I now have 1) unlimited music (Pandora, last.FM, & MP3s) and GPS, all in one device!

I thought I'd share,
Slope

Old 09-15-2010, 07:13 PM
FLHX124
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks I have the Droid X...would be nice to be able to use it!

Old 09-15-2010, 07:15 PM
krazy3
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

OH, for a minute there I thought you were gonna tell us how you could use the cell phone while riding

Old 09-15-2010, 09:46 PM
Lawdawg
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Krazy3 you can! You plug in your headset and then plug your cell phone into the radio by way of the auxiliary cable, set the radio to auxiliary and away you go. This isn't my find so I can't take credit for it, and I only tried it in the garage so I don't know if it would work on the road. Kind of cool, but then again....

Old 09-15-2010, 09:48 PM
Lawdawg
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Slope
After some research I found the most cost effective solution to using the Droid 2 on the bike. I purchased the OEM Car Window Mount cradle (http://www.amazon.com/Droid-Vehicle-...4595070&sr=8-1) and the IG-B01A: i.Trek Bike Mount for Garmin Nuvi (http://www.amazon.com/IG-B01A-i-Trek.../dp/B001EUCWQK). The i.Trek mount uses the same ball size as the OEM cradle. Works like a charm! An added benefit is that you can take the cradle from mount to mount (bike to car) very easily. I now have 1) unlimited music (Pandora, last.FM, & MP3s) and GPS, all in one device!

I thought I'd share,
Slope
THANKS! I am getting the Droid X in the next few weeks so I was wondering what was out there. I currently have a BB and though it is good for emailing, thats about it. I like the Droid 2 however I want the one with the bigger screen. I also think it will look great on the bike. Music and a GPS, that great!

Old 09-15-2010, 09:55 PM
cosshog
Tourer

Ok this fits stock 1" handle bars? Do you have any movement with vibrations? This may be just what I have been looking for? Simple easy safe.

Old 09-15-2010, 10:54 PM
Slope
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

No, no, no...I will not talk on the phone while riding. However, it is nice to see if someone called, and how many times. If it's important you just KNOW they'll be calling several times. I can then pull over somewhere safe and call back. If not, I can return any calls on the next stop.

The i.Trek fits the 1" bars just fine. I took a piece of rubber tubing and cut it the with of the clamp. It seems to me that it holds tighter (may be a false sense). The car cradle has a clamp on top that holds the phone in place pretty securely. At idle is seems to shake a bit with the handle bars, but goes away with a bit of throttle. I don't get the feeling it's going to fall off. Seems pretty secure.

Old 09-15-2010, 11:04 PM
voodoodrug
Stellar HDF Member
Received 94 Likes on 81 Posts

the medium size ram clamp type cell holder works great.But sometimes put an extra band around it just incase.just use it to see who is calling and occationally for sexting tta xxo...

imo not a good replacement for gps and satalite radio

iphone 4

Old 09-16-2010, 08:35 AM
spookeg
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have droid incredible, wondering about how to wire to battery on ultra as battery life on droid seems iffy

Old 09-19-2010, 10:14 AM
Lawdawg
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by voodoodrug
the medium size ram clamp type cell holder works great.But sometimes put an extra band around it just incase.just use it to see who is calling and occationally for sexting tta xxo...

imo not a good replacement for gps and satalite radio

iphone 4
Isn't it both though? The google maps is awesome (and free) and you can play satellite radio through the phone. Or at least you could.