Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cold feet or good sense-CVO Streetglide

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2010, 06:04 AM
10 RED RK
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

38k for a CVO!!! No way! - and as a bonus! you get a bike that looks just like every other $38k CVO with the same 4 color choices - are you kidding?

Put your money in horsepower/torque - you'll never regret it!

Harley's living in a dream world!

Old 09-17-2010, 09:17 PM
dll
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tomcraner
38k for a CVO!!! No way! - and as a bonus! you get a bike that looks just like every other $38k CVO with the same 4 color choices - are you kidding?

Put your money in horsepower/torque - you'll never regret it!

Harley's living in a dream world!
Uhm ... it's 32,499 + freight/setup + a boatload of accessories the poster felt like he needed to have ... Not to start a debate since yI agree ou can get the personalization you want, unique performance, etc by starting with an FLHX and spending a boatload of time and money - if that's what you want.

However, I'd defy anyone to do what they do to a CVO (the 110, the chrome, the paint, etc) by starting with a stock FLHX and show that you saved a whole bunch of $$ vs the price of the CVO bikes, and put a 7 year warranty on it while you're at it...

Again to each his own, there is no right or wrong answer - it's why we have such endless choices (wish we had endless $$ to go along).

I don't think I'd even bother to post this but it seems like 1 out of 10 guys that I run into (I ran into one tonight) give me the "oh, that cost a lot of coin" line, then they get back on their bike they've been emptying the accessories catalog into for years --motor work, chrome bits, paint, fenders, fillers, lights, etc etc. It irks me.

My little venting aside, harris has a good strategy -- shine up the bike, see what kind of interest there is, and see if it sells. You may shine it up and decide it's the one to keep, or you may put it next to the CVO when it comes in and decide you want the new one. That's the nice thing about totally discretionary purchases, we get to use our own discretion

Old 09-17-2010, 09:26 PM
lp
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,834 Likes on 1,595 Posts

Originally Posted by dll
However, I'd defy anyone to do what they do to a CVO (the 110, the chrome, the paint, etc) by starting with a stock FLHX and show that you saved a whole bunch of $$ vs the price of the CVO bikes, and put a 7 year warranty on it while you're at it...

The question is, why would anyone want to? The CVO bikes are very nice bikes but they attract a certain kinda person. Most are not those people. Most don't need the instant gratification of an instant store bought bling machine. Most like to build their own version for much less.

Couple of things for certain though. CVO's have a much better resale value and they are much better looking than a stock bike out of the box. I'm not even going to comment on the performance of that 110 though...other than I think it's actually a negative not a positive.

lp

Old 09-17-2010, 11:09 PM
dll
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What happened to all of us being HD riders?

Originally Posted by lp
The question is, why would anyone want to? The CVO bikes are very nice bikes but they attract a certain kinda person. Most are not those people. "
lp

Gee thanks. It's great to experience the thing that most attracted me to HD - the sense of "community".

So we have crappy engines, and bikes only "certain kinda people" would want. So ... What else is wrong with my bike, and what other attributes are unique to CVO owners? Due to the realtively low production runs we're a small group - a "minority" I guess...

I'll point out one difference -- my perspective is that the bike you ride is the best bike ... until you decide to get a different one ... regardless of what it is. Then THAT's the best bike. Why? Because you're riding it.

Old 09-18-2010, 09:04 AM
roadking2000
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 128 Likes on 101 Posts

My thoughts on any CVO is that you could buy the regular version, add all the extra CVO parts you wanted and get it painted cheaper than buying the CVO in the first place. You're paying a lot to get the extras the CVO's have and to me anyway, it's not a worthwhile investment. In your situation, you're paying a good 13K to get the CVO version. Does it really have 13K worth of extras compared to the standard version? If you got the standard model, how many improvements could you make on it for that extra 13K?