Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cold feet or good sense-CVO Streetglide

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2010, 09:10 PM
davessworks
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

uh - I think you should put some of that money into your retirement plan and enjoy the toys you got! But what do I know?!

Old 09-16-2010, 12:29 AM
emwolb
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

harris, there comes a time in life when you realize that enough is enough. i also have an 08 streetglide with the hot rod 103 motor, and like yours, is paid for too. my corvette is an 01 c-5, with right over 400 hp, heads, headers, cam, intake etc, and she hauls ***. i'm in debt for nothing, nor do i plan on getting in that situation. i've reached the point in life that i feel quite fortunate to have my expensive hobbies, and most fortunate to realize when enough is truly, enough. take your time with your decision, it's only money.

Old 09-16-2010, 03:52 AM
Mike
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by beary
Normally I agree, but the 2011 CVO SG is soooo much better looking than the Ultra that its worth paying extra for the tourpack. I think the 2011 CVO SG is the best looking bagger Harley has ever built.
Amen to that. That bike gets me every time.

Old 09-16-2010, 06:17 AM
DeafUltra
Elite HDF Member
Received 119 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by harris48cars
In 1984 I bought my first new Vette and until two years ago I've always owned a Vette. The last year I owned it I hardly ever drove it so I sold it. Took almost a full year before I started missing it. During my Ca. trip I thought how nice it would be to have a Vette convertible on that trip.
Gary
Yeah, I've contemplated on selling my Corvette as my 2 close riding friends especially "Mom" had advised me NOT to. Just that I was disgusted that the car was sitting in the garage it's entire life after spending $43K cash and depreciation kicks in. He explained that if I sold it...I'd have the same itch by wanting to drive Corvette then go out and buy another one which depreciation would kick in again for the second time so I might as well as keep the one I have now.

Extremely glad that I still have that '02 C5 Bumble Bee.

Thorey

Attached Thumbnails Cold feet or good sense-CVO Streetglide-2002-corvette-002a.jpg  
Old 09-16-2010, 07:11 AM
131tman
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Vettes/CVO's are gay!

Old 09-16-2010, 07:37 AM
JollyRogers
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wanted a CVO Roadie. Just could not justify that price, no matter how hard I tried. I have a Porsche to drive until December (it's my son's and car sitting it while he is on deployment) and honestly I don't drive it much. If it's nice enough to ride, I choose that over the Porsche. Tells me I would rather ride a bike then drive any car.

Old 09-16-2010, 09:23 AM
harris48cars
Road Master

Originally Posted by DeafUltra
Yeah, I've contemplated on selling my Corvette as my 2 close riding friends especially "Mom" had advised me NOT to. Just that I was disgusted that the car was sitting in the garage it's entire life after spending $43K cash and depreciation kicks in. He explained that if I sold it...I'd have the same itch by wanting to drive Corvette then go out and buy another one which depreciation would kick in again for the second time so I might as well as keep the one I have now.

Extremely glad that I still have that '02 C5 Bumble Bee.

Thorey
I like yellow Vettes. Back in 2000 I ordered A yellow Vette convertible with torch red interior. I'd seen one at Carlise in Pa. (big Corvette show). On the last day I had to change anything on the order, I chickin'd out and changed to exterior color to Silver. At 600 miles I shipped it to Doug Rippie Motorsports for a complete make over. 8 years later when I sold it to a friend, he wanted a black racing stripe trimmed in red. He knew that was what I wanted to do but the wife wanted no part of that. But I had my painter do the stripe for him. Man did that thing look assume. Sorry guys for sorta turning this into a Corvette forum. I'll try to refrain.
Gary

Old 09-16-2010, 06:18 PM
harris48cars
Road Master

Some very nice replies and thoughtful to. I think this will be the plan: When my bike gets back from Ca. I'm going to detail it and put it up for sell. If it sells before the CVO comes in I'll buy the CVO to replace it. If it doesn't sell I will paint the 08 and do a few more things to it. The rear tire is done. I would have put a new one on while riding in Ca. but I was leaning towards what I just said. So I will want to put 18" custom wheels on it if I keep it. If some one buys it I will put a new rear tire on it for them.
By keeping the 08 I can soup up the 09 SE Fat Bob. And I'll use the same build as my 08 SG. BigBoyz heads, Andrews 54H cams and and undetermined exhaust system.
As far as the Vette goes, that has been just a thought. However I do have a very nice 87 Buick Grand National I have been doing a two year restoration on. I may try to sell it and invest that money in a Vette. Thanks for all the responses.
Gary

Old 09-16-2010, 06:33 PM
atrain68
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I like the CVO's but when it comes down to a totally custom ride I like the idea of a two or three year old bike at a lower cost. You can add custom paint and a ton of mods without hitting the CVO price tag plus all the mods to make it run perfect.

Again nothing against an out of the crate CVO, but there is something about a one of kind bike that you can pick all the parts.

Old 09-16-2010, 10:52 PM
SOCALHD
Road Warrior

Here is another spin for you. Get an SG with a 103 and add cams and heads to it. Just this will kick the crap out of the CVO. The add your chrome accessories, tour pack etc. and u will still be ahead on $$ and then paint it and add wheels to ur liking. The best looking CVO I have seen is the 1/2 year black Ultra in 2010

Quick Reply: Cold feet or good sense-CVO Streetglide