Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone have their bike stolen?

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2010, 12:31 PM
rochkes
Elite HDF Member
Received 461 Likes on 212 Posts

Originally Posted by djkolp
Under $300 per year for 'full' coverage including medical? What is your deductible? What are your liability amounts? Are they $50,000, $100,000, $300,000? Is it stacked or unstacked coverage? Do you have uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage? Saying you have FULL coverage doesn't really provided any information on which to compare policy prices.

$250 deductible, $300,000 limit, underinsured and uninsured are required in IL, medical coverage is for the passenger only. I don't know what stacked or unstacked coverage means.

This is through Grinnell. You have to have all of your motor vehicles insured with them to get these kind of rates. I have two cars and two trucks on my auto policy. I have also been driving for 27 years with no accidents and only three tickets of any kind and they were speeding tickets.

My agent is an insurance broker. He can get coverage from almost any company out there. He shops for the best deal and does the bargaining for me.

Dennis

Old 09-15-2010, 05:17 PM
cooper57M
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had a softail stolen from my garage and my friends custom out of his. I would never go without insurance. There are scumbags out there. You wont get all your money back if sh*t happens but at least you wont get stuck with a zero.

Old 09-15-2010, 06:10 PM
djkolp
Road Captain
Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by rochkes
$250 deductible, $300,000 limit, underinsured and uninsured are required in IL, medical coverage is for the passenger only. I don't know what stacked or unstacked coverage means.

This is through Grinnell. You have to have all of your motor vehicles insured with them to get these kind of rates. I have two cars and two trucks on my auto policy. I have also been driving for 27 years with no accidents and only three tickets of any kind and they were speeding tickets.

My agent is an insurance broker. He can get coverage from almost any company out there. He shops for the best deal and does the bargaining for me.

Dennis
Thanks Dennis. I would be paying $2,700 for your policy through Progressive. It's interesting that IL requires uninsured/underinsured coverage. Here in Florida it's an option.

Old 09-15-2010, 09:52 PM
wlvs75
Cruiser

Holy cow!! I pay $625.00 a year for full coverage and I'm 20 minutes from the Mexico border! But yes I have had friends lose their rides to piece of s#@* low lifes!

Old 09-15-2010, 09:57 PM
rochkes
Elite HDF Member
Received 461 Likes on 212 Posts

Originally Posted by djkolp
Thanks Dennis. I would be paying $2,700 for your policy through Progressive. It's interesting that IL requires uninsured/underinsured coverage. Here in Florida it's an option.
I think it sucks that Il requires uninsured and underinsured motorist coverage, but I would take it even if they didn't. My dad never financed a vehicle in his life. He always paid cash and only insured for property damage and liability before he was required to pay for uninsured motorist. He always said he would pay for his own damage if it was his fault.

He bought a new car when I was a kid. My mom was driving it when a woman in an old beater ran a red light, totaled Dad's car and put my mom in the hospital. She was a welfare recipient living in government housing with no insurance. It cost my Dad a bundle even though it wasn't his or my mom's fault. I was in grade school at the time, but will never forget that hard lesson. But then again, my Dad was in better financial shape than I am now and probably ever will be. It didn't change his insurance philosophy at all.

Dennis

Old 09-15-2010, 10:04 PM
voodoodrug
Stellar HDF Member
Received 94 Likes on 81 Posts

under 300yr,full coverage ,but as others say... its not the best full coverage but good enough to at least get close to what its worth if i traded/sold it.

Old 09-15-2010, 10:10 PM
Bill03E
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Yes had my bike stolen the first of june from work, working at night , came out for a break at 3am, and it was gone.
I was told by LEO that there was a rash of stolen Harleys here in May and June.

Old 09-15-2010, 10:25 PM
j1mmy
Elite HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

i have hear of the insurance in canada.. i dont know how you folks afford to drive up there..i guess that is why i always saw so many people walking..i would have to grow my beard longer,clame to be amish, and get a f'ing horse

Old 09-16-2010, 04:30 AM
Steamchicken
Cruiser

...I only qualify for the B.C. safe driver's discount because I have had at least the last 20 years without an accident....

so if I went with the total govt insurance package it would be still a bundle....well it's a bundle anyway you look at it....

Old 09-16-2010, 05:08 AM
MADDOG187
Road Master

looks like you guys are being raped on those insurance costs in canada , id move......lol

Quick Reply: Anyone have their bike stolen?