Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I like Road Kings, but I don't tour-some questions

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2010, 10:28 AM
badco_67
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a Road King Classic and love it. I ride it to work daily (50 miles round trip) and have taken it on trips with my wife riding two up. I'm in the process of adding an aftermarket batwing for two reasons: (i) to add a radio, and (ii) to help keep the wind off my hands when the temps drop. I have gerbing heated gear, but when it gets into low 30's the wind still gets a little to cold....I will also likely add a trunk and lowers at some point as well.....

I've had my Road King for about 5 years and if I were buying a new bike, I would probably get either the Road Glide, or Electra Glide.

Old 09-17-2010, 10:47 AM
Daryllawman
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have had bikes of all kinds and I have found that the Road King is the best I have owned. I really enjoy it.

Old 09-17-2010, 11:24 AM
keith_stepp
Banned
Received 1,505 Likes on 1,077 Posts

Originally Posted by kamut
Do y'all think this is too big a bike for what I do? I'm not worried about being physically able to handle the bike. I'm more concerned about it being cumbersome to ride around town. If you have a touring model, is it a drag for going around town or is it okay?
I do not know about the pre-2009 models, but my '09 FLHTC handles very well around town, better than other, much smaller cruisers I have owned. It is my daily driver also and I have no trouble managing it, even in very tight situations. The only down side to a bike that weighs 800+ lbs is getting it in and out of some parking spaces.

My only real trouble I have had with it was entering an underground parking structure and the gate would not come up. My other bikes were light enough that I could have pushed them back up the ramp... no way I could do that with my FLHTC.

Old 09-19-2010, 06:08 AM
hksigman
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If I had to only keep one bike, it would be my roadking. It was my first HD=rode, ducati, moto guzzi and triumph before. It was the bike i was hit on

It is an all around bike. They are easy to customize/make your own...

Attached is my 05 rodking

Attached Thumbnails I like Road Kings, but I don't tour-some questions-rkrghtside.jpg