Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I like Road Kings, but I don't tour-some questions

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2010, 04:30 PM
kamut
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is encouraging. I use bags all the time. I have Ride Like a Pro. The idea that it might handle better than a Fatboy is very encouraging.

Old 09-13-2010, 04:31 PM
merc64
Cruiser
Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts

You stated you liked the Softail based soley on appearance. If you're not going to do any touring at all and strongly like the looks of the Softail I'd go with that one. I've got a Road King because I prefer its looks and it rides better for me than a Softail. If you take both on a test ride and they are about equal in your opinion but still like the looks of a Softail then it's a no brainer...go with the Softail. If the only reason you're ruling out the Road King is because you think it will be too big or bulky for daily driving you'd be making a mistake.

Old 09-13-2010, 04:38 PM
JayStronghawk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 280 Likes on 215 Posts

The King is an excellent choice for what you are considering, Great around town I think Great on the Highway too .. Only reason I have an Ultra instead is do the long haul tour sometimes and take the missus along and have to pack all her crap ..

Old 09-13-2010, 04:41 PM
pilgrim08
Tourer

Love my '08 RK for whatever riding I am doing.

Old 09-13-2010, 04:46 PM
ZZZCICI
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The road king is a cool bike for sure.

I would consider the road glide or street glide. Those would offer all the same as the RK and more.
Save the trouble of trading again in a year or so. The RK leaves something more to move up to(my opinion) If you like the road king you'll probably like the batwing or road glide fairing and the sound system that they offer.

And if you are over 45 yrs. just go for the ultra...lol

(IMHO)

Old 09-13-2010, 04:54 PM
docsking
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Rent a Roadking and what ever Softail you think you may like and go from there. I have had my King since '03 and love it no matter what type of riding I am doing.

Old 09-13-2010, 05:11 PM
Roger79111
Advanced

I ride my RK everyday to work. Have made several 2plus hour rides and just recently rode to the Texas HOG rally over 6 hours away(scenic route of course). Great all around bike.

Old 09-13-2010, 06:16 PM
leicafish
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts

Road King is perfect, This is now my daily driver to work when I don't have to dress up.

You will the best of everything

Old 09-13-2010, 10:00 PM
jlfabian
Tourer

If you haven't made up your mind by now to get a King, let me help you... get a King. It is arguably the most versatile motorcycle in the HD lineup - cruising, touring, bar hopping, you can do them all with a King. It is not a race bike obviously, so it is not as nimble as one; but for a large vehicle, I find that it is agile, quick, and responsive. Plus it looks so damn good. IMHO, it is the best looking motorcycle of all the Harley's. But, I'm a tad prejudiced...

Old 09-13-2010, 10:17 PM
Whiskers
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 101 Likes on 46 Posts

Buying a King will be the best decision you could possibly make. Just about 95% of my riding is around town on my RKC. Not only is it comfortable, it tracks nice and is easy to spend time on. I especially like riding it without the windshield attached....its looks like a different bike when set up that way.

Quick Reply: I like Road Kings, but I don't tour-some questions