Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

seat help

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2006, 02:02 PM
Jeepin_Lawyer
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default seat help

I have searched and searched this subject but I can't find exactly what I am looking for.

I have an 05' RK Custom, it has been lowered an additional 2" front and rear so it sits pretty low; it has beach bars. I'm 5'10" 180 pounds.

The stock seat is pure torture so it needs replaced. I think the biggest problem with the stock seat is that I sit too far back. The seat I am searching for would put me 2-3 inches forward from where the stock seat is but not lower my riding position at all, if anything I wouldn't mind sitting slightly higher. My wife likes to sit as low as possible so it needs have a low passenger seat height. My previous seat was a Mustang it was great except it put the wife up to high.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

Old 09-10-2006, 02:56 PM
dmr
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: seat help

i am sort of confused as i have an '05 rk custom and it came with factory beach bars. but whatever. h-d makes a sundowner touring seat that should give you what you're looking for. it will not only bring you closer to the controls, but also provide more seating comfort to your passenger. she may appreciate the additional padding provided during a longer ride. if what she wants to be really low, buy a solo seat and have her sit on the fender. hope this helps.

Old 09-10-2006, 03:12 PM
bountyhunter
Banned

Im not confused, Sundowner brings me NO closer to the tank than the stock seat. It sits me lower, yet is a practical, comfortable, decent looking 2-up seat. If ya wanna go closer and higher and your wife likes it low, maybe you could have the stock unit rebuilt, cause I don't know of a seat that meets your requirements.

Old 09-10-2006, 04:24 PM
Nomad2day
Cruiser

Jeepin_Lawyer,
I have a Harley Davidson Sundowner seat off my 06 RK Custom that I am getting ready to list in the for sale section. I also have a solo C&S seat for sale too off the same bike. I will be asking $125 for either seat plus shipping.
Neil

Old 09-10-2006, 06:09 PM
jpnelson1978
Tourer

if you like the lower custom look, take a look at c&c seats. do a search and type c&c. there is a few post here i posted some pics. i havent got mine yet. should be here tuesday. i did the same thing as you. i could not find anything that kept a low profile and still has comfort, ive heard nothing but great things about these, and they have great prices, type c&c on ebay and you will find more pics. i will post on the results of the 2 seats i bought . the sundowner looks a little bulky in my opinion, but if the sport touring seat i bought is not comfortable, i may have 2 bail out and buy 1 for long hauls. chuck at c&c said i will have no probs with the sport tour.--jake [*] nomad2day , why are you getting rid of your 2 seats and what did you decide on?

Old 09-10-2006, 06:30 PM
Nomad2day
Cruiser

jpnelson1978,
I posted this reply with the C&C seat for someone else. This covers the "why" for both seats.

To answer your question I am looking for a solo seat with a backrest option. I am 50 years old and had a couple of ruptured disc in the lower back years ago. Never been on any of my seats for more than a days riding. All were fine in comfort. I also am selling a sundowner due to it making me feel like I am on top of the tank especially with the back rest on it.
Most of my riding is to and from work unfortunately with a occasional day ride up into Kentucky.

I am riding with the stock seat at the moment until I can sit on some corbin and mustang solos that have a backrest option.
Thanks,
Neil

[IMG]local://upfiles/5562/1675A9D196F443648A00E5AFDB11023C.jpg[/IMG]

Old 09-11-2006, 05:30 PM
TXISKING
Tourer

I just installed the C&C Sport Tour. Only 400 miles on it so far. I love it as of now. We will see on a long haul.
This seat sits me lower and FARTHER BACK than stock. I belive Chuck can build one that will move you
forward. I am 6'1" with a 2" lowered Road King, so sitting back helped me out. It is firm, but not
hard and the wife likes the passenger seat much better than stock. Our longest ride on the C&C is only
an hour, didn't stop due to "burn" just at our destination. I love the Charcoal Gray stitching to match my
tank stripes.