Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tour Pak Light bar - replacement Filler piece???

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2010, 10:33 PM
NAUIdvr1
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tour Pak Light bar - replacement Filler piece???

I am thinking about removing the running/brake light bar & side maker light that go across the back on my new-to-me Tour Pak. I won't be wiring up the electrics on it, ever, just want it to be quick on and off for those times when Momma wants it on there. Does anybody make a trim piece to fit in there and replace them completely?

P.S. Before you ask why I did not buy a King Tour Pak that comes without the lights, it is because I bought this from my cousin who owns a motorcycle paint shop. He pieced it together from two different TP's that his local HD dealer had screwed up (new 2010 lid that they drilled for a rack on wrong bike, a bottom that they scratched while in for service) and gave him the parts for free. He painted it for me, installed the luggage rack and QD mounts, HD hinges & latches and powder coated everything that was chrome, black for me. All this for literary penny's on the dollar for what it would have cost me from HD.

Old 09-11-2010, 09:41 AM
jasnusc
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Saw a guy on a harley ride who did this. He went to a local sheet metal company who cut a piece of metal and bent the sides around for him so it was the same shape. They welded studs on the back side so he could bolt it in like a light bar. He had it painted Gloss Black and re-used the stock rubber gasket from the light bar.

Looked like a Black Decal from far away.

I should have taken a picture.

Old 09-12-2010, 03:10 PM
NAUIdvr1
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks, I was hoping I could find a pre made piece from some where. But looks like I will have to get one made.

Old 09-12-2010, 11:16 PM
Ultra89Rider
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

No one that I know about has any kind of a Filler or Cover for the Ultra Style light assembly when removed. You might take the Ultra Tour-Pak® Brake Light Chrome Accent Covers, 59239-93, and try to make something to cover the holes.

The only thing that Harley has to replace the older style light bulb bar is the new LED bar.

Old 09-13-2010, 12:35 AM
j1mmy
Elite HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

you could just leav it all on and not wire it up.. it is still a reflector if a car is coming at you.. or wire up a trailer lights conector and tuck it under your seat, would take a few seconds to plug in..
... i would trade you for my tour pac with no lights but it is in 4 pieces

Old 09-13-2010, 08:28 AM
hd_rolling
Supporter

Received 146 Likes on 87 Posts

Post some pic's, you might find someone with a king tour pac with out the lights that might want to trade? I've been debating adding lights to mine, but want the flush style led wrap around ones.