Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is anybody happy with thier 07 Ultra

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2006 | 01:40 AM
NClakeguy
|
Cruiser
Default Is anybody happy with thier 07 Ultra

I have read so many comments on here about the 07 tranny noise I am getting scared. I have an 07 on order and due to ship this week. Am am tempted to cancel even at the risk of a lost deposit. Are any of you happy with your 07? Somebody give me some encouragment.

Old 09-10-2006 | 02:29 AM
slick813
Tourer
Default RE: Is anybody happy with thier 07 Ultra

I own an 06 Ultra and have an 07 Ultra ordered , well my dealer calls me and says he has one that a customer returned, guy was complaing about the tranny noise and the thing running hot. My dealer says come and get and take it for a spin and see what I think about it, I went 110 miles on this thing this afternoon and all I can say is WOW what a difference between my 06 and the 07, the 96" ran and pulled much better than my 06. I really tried to hear a bunch of noise in the tranny but I could barely hear any noise at all, maybe an occasional whirling sound in 5th gear for a few seconds but other than it was awesome. It would run 65 mph in 4th gear, 75 in 5th and then really cruise in 6th gear. The motor is quieter than my 06, but it does run a little hotter. I figure I will pull my SE slip ons and SE air cleaner off my 06 get a new race tuner for the 07 and some of the heat will go away. Bottom line for me is the 07 is the way to go, good luck.

Old 09-10-2006 | 02:30 AM
Indianspringsaz
Road Master

Problem with fourms>>>>>Most people are researching a problem. So 15 guys on two different boards can make it seem as "The sky is falling" Know what I mean. Its your cash and bike. I am going for it. My bike is in route.

Old 09-10-2006 | 02:39 AM
DoCPooF
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: Indianspringsaz

Problem with fourms>>>>>Most people are researching a problem. So 15 guys on two different boards can make it seem as "The sky is falling" Know what I mean. Its your cash and bike. I am going for it. My bike is in route.

Agreed.

A brand new bike it going to have some gear noise until it breaks in. I have yet to notice any gear noise.

I think it's sad that everyone is trying to jump on the "hate the 07" band wagon. People claim to love their harleys but quick to bash them when a new year comes out.

If you're worried about noise on a harley you should of bought a damn goldwing.

Old 09-10-2006 | 03:10 AM
Nails
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: DoCPooF

ORIGINAL: Indianspringsaz

Agreed.

A brand new bike it going to have some gear noise until it breaks in. I have yet to notice any gear noise.

I think it's sad that everyone is trying to jump on the "hate the 07" band wagon. People claim to love their harleys but quick to bash them when a new year comes out.

If you're worried about noise on a harley you should of bought a damn goldwing.

Amen!

Old 09-10-2006 | 04:00 PM
BOARGAURD
Road Master

Not an Ultra owner but bought the EG Standard. I must have gotten lucky and did not get the rock crushing gear box as others have. It does have a minimal amount of noise in 5th gear under 2200 rpm, we all know how to fix that problem..... I love the bike other than the heat issue on the back cylinder but hopefully will be cured after the PCIII goes in. The runs stronger than my 88ci WideGlide and 6th gear is a dream on the open road. I am happy.

Old 09-10-2006 | 04:39 PM
heartdoc
Intermediate

I have a 07 Ultra. Put a thousand miles on it this month. 5th gear is really a non issue. I find myself "looking for the noise" since everyone seems to be keyed into it. If nothing was written about it I probably wouldn't pay any attention to it. The motor is strong and cruising in 6th is awsome. I will say that it runs hot especially in stop and go traffic but this is my first air cooled engine so I don't have anything to compare to. Mine goes back to the dealer for the 1,000 mile service next week. I'm thrilled with the bike and woulc purchase it again in a heartbeat.

Bob

Old 09-10-2006 | 06:22 PM
GOBB
Intermediate

My advise to you guy's would be to test drive the new bike for 20 miles and if it doesn't make the noises than go ahead and buy it. If it sounds like a rock crusher and the nuetrel light is flashing on and off in time with the rattles than you might not want that one. My two friends 07 bikes were fine and mine wasn't. I let 6 different Harley mechanics from 4 different shops test drive my bike and they couldn't believe it either.They will fix it when they find the best way to do it.

Old 09-10-2006 | 06:25 PM
hojones
Ultimate HDF Member

I have a 07 ultra and I'm happy with it. I had a exhaust leak where the factory screwed up at the connection on the front head. I also have a wiring harness problem on the passengers headset plug but they will get it fixed. When you buy a new car or truck it's gonna have a few bugs. The bike runs really well and handles great. Yes the tranny is noisy in 5th gear but I used to ride a Royal Star so I have NO problem with this noise at all. I like this bike and it will be rode not haulled.

Old 09-10-2006 | 06:53 PM
callieblue
Tourer

I am happy to hear some good news about the 07 Ultra's. I plan on one getting one as soon as I can.

But I must say;

Quick Reply: Is anybody happy with thier 07 Ultra