Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Parts and Accy. HD Book at your dealer

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2010, 07:01 PM
103Eagle
Road Master
Received 111 Likes on 79 Posts
Default Parts and Accy. HD Book at your dealer

Hey all, in the past I was mailed a p/a book from my local dealership. This year I have not received one. I stopped into the dealer and was told HD is not mailing them out anymore. So, as any good loyal customer would do, I asked for one direct from the dealer. They said no problem and brought one out including a Screamin Eagle catalog as well. I was about to say "thank you" when the parts guy said that will be $6! I said excuse me, you want me to pay $6 for a wish book so I can come back in and buy made overseas expensive additions to my bike that I purchased from you? You keep your friggin book, another local dealer is giving them away so they will get my business from now on. Well the salesman that I purchased from overhead the commotion and pulled me aside to talk. He said HD charges the dealer for everything now and that no longer are these mailed out or given for free. I advised him that his competition is giving them away and he said to chill as he would get me one. Well he did and I took it and will think twice about doing business there again.

Have you guys received one in the mail or for free from your favorite dealer? I wonder if HD agrees with the policy to sell these to customers.

Just sayin............and thinkin.................

Old 09-09-2010, 07:08 PM
KingCripps
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I wouldn't expect one mailed to me and I wouldn't expect to have to pay for one. They are one of the few things we get for free.

I get a Cabela's Limited Fall Edition hard cover catalog mailed to me each year. I don't expect that, but I spend $1000-$2000 there each year too so they know they can count on my business as well.

(The dealership that I like in the area has free lunches on Sunday's as well. Hot dogs, chips and a pickle, but its free!)

Old 09-09-2010, 07:42 PM
dbird
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Picked up one at my dealer yesterday, free. They did have a price sticker @ $7.95 parts guy stated since I was spending money it's free.

Old 09-09-2010, 07:45 PM
2WheelGlider
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Cant believe they would make a big stink over it, especially if they know you there. Mine gives me one every year, but I do have to go in and ask for it.

Old 09-09-2010, 07:48 PM
davessworks
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

yeh - some dealers try to sell them. Don't know why. Some have a sign behind the counter saying they're $6 but give them away anyway. I've never paid for one.

Old 09-09-2010, 07:50 PM
shadowchaser
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got mine Tuesday. No charge.

Old 09-09-2010, 07:51 PM
Big Jon 1
Cruiser

Same here. I have to go to my dealer to pick it up but they have never asked me to pay for it. I believe they stopped mailing them in 07 or 08.

Old 09-09-2010, 08:10 PM
piasspj
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 339 Likes on 195 Posts

I find enough stuff listed on this forum to spend my money on. I also use the H-D on line catalog.
I remember years ago having stacks of catalogs from every retailer I ever bought anything from. I don't miss the mess.

Old 09-09-2010, 08:12 PM
MNPGRider
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 65 Likes on 51 Posts

We bought our Ultra from a dealer 100+ miles away, but each year have received a parts book from the closest dealer, which we never did business with....until after about three years.

You bet we'll shop there. $6 cost to a dealer is nothing compared to the amount spent on parts or a future new bike.

Old 09-09-2010, 08:14 PM
ironhead3fan
Road Master

I don't think I have been mailed one in a couple of years. For what those parts cost, surely they can afford to mail out a catalog.

Quick Reply: Parts and Accy. HD Book at your dealer