Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question for those in the know

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2010, 08:18 AM
02Flstfi
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Question for those in the know

So I am getting ready to pull the trigger on purchasing the Jackpot 2-1-2 stainless head-pipe, to eliminate the CAT, and a PC-V for my 2010 Ultra. My current setup is 103" SE Big Bore kit (stock cam) SE Stage I breather and stock mufflers (for now, however leaning towards the V&H Slip-on Turn Downs).

Now to my question.

Do I need to go with the Auto Tune modules also? Or will I be happy with the fuel maps that I can get from the Fuel Moto guys?

I am not trying to build a street racer here (I still have my 02 FatBoy for that) just trying to cool the Ultra down and enhance the sound.

Thanks in advance for all your replies!

Old 09-09-2010, 09:36 AM
nemick
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I think you'll be quite happy with just the PCV. If the tune isn't quite perfect, you can still adjust it to your liking without Auto Tune. FuelMoto's maps are pretty damned accurate in most instances.

Old 09-10-2010, 07:49 PM
fabrik8r
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts

Sorry I can't answer your questions exactly, but I'm personally fed up with this forum not answering my posts, so I figured I would try to help you with what I do know. I recently installed a FM 2-1 headpipe, I cant speak to the performance of the 2-1-2, but the quality of the materials, workmanship and fitment are superior. I'm sure the FM 2-1-2 performance is excellent. I'm not familiar with the capabilities and function options of the PCV, I am tuning using the Daytona TS+ WEGO IIID, but I think the PCV has similar capabilities, just dont quote me. However I can tell you that you will really appreciate the ability to final tune your map. Either way you need some kind of exhaust gas analysis feedback to tune effectively. I started with a "canned" map from FM which worked pretty good, but the difference in the canned map and actually tuning your individual machine is like night and day. A canned map is a good start point for tuning, each motor is unique; motor A will not fuction at optimum potential on a map from motor B, even though they both are the same build. You said your not trying to build a street racer but you will have one sweet running motor once you tune it properly. Don't drop the money on slip ons just yet, the stock mufflers on the FM headpipe will be a good bit louder, give it a try it won't cost you anything, you already have them. I kept the stock 2-1 muffler and it sounds great. Don't pass judgement on the sound until you are done tuning. Lastly, Fuel Moto has excellent customer service, they will help you through any issues you encounter. Good luck fellow Hang Around.

Old 09-10-2010, 08:45 PM
profp
Cruiser

I went with the FuelMoto (Jackpot) 2-1-2 headers, stage 1 af, and PCV while son chose the V&H 2-1-2 header, AF, PCV on his Limited... neither bike has the autotune. We are both happy with the results with the biggest reason being Jamie and Keith at FuelMoto. They are accessible and happy to answer any issues you have including "tweaking" the PCV maps for your purposes so we see no need for the autotune module.

Regardless, enjoy the ride... great bike!

Old 09-10-2010, 08:51 PM
WolfDog
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Fuel Moto is the BANG, I went with them and didnt buy anything of theirs other than the High Flow Air Cleaner and the PCV, all they did was handle the V&H exhaust, and mine is great, night and day over stock.........

In reality of all the guys on here who went with them and have had outanding results, I can see why anyone would go another direction, I mean really.....

Ride On......

Old 09-10-2010, 08:59 PM
bigdumbnoitall00
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 671 Likes on 535 Posts

a freind of mine just put stock 2010 muffs on his 06, it sounds really good.so loosing the cat with stock muffs may just do it .om my 07 the canned fuelmoto map has been good.

Old 09-10-2010, 10:53 PM
02Flstfi
Advanced

Thanks for the replies.

I stopped by my local indy today to give him a heads up on my plans. To say I was shocked at his reply would be wrong. He normally is a V&H biggot so I was expecting him to tell me to forgo the 2-1-2 head pipe for Dresser Duals. He had no comment on the Jackpot 2-1-2 head pipes. He told me that he would not put V&Hs Turn Downs on his trash man's truck much less a new bike. I thought I was somewhere in the twilight zone. He went on to recommend a slip on from a totally different vendor. His comments on the PC-V were likewise out of the norm. He said if "I wanted every last ounce of power out of my engine to go ahead with the PC-V because no one's fuel managed compares to them, otherwise save myself $100 and go with the "Fuel Pak" which was not as advanced as the PC-V but would work for "pleasuring cruzing""

So now as it is raining outside, and I can not be out riding, I find that I may just buy sometype of headpipe to remove the CAT and see how stock sounds without the cat and continue to research which Fuel Managemet option fits my needs.

Last edited by 02Flstfi; 09-13-2010 at 07:07 AM.