Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Show Me Your Ultra Limiteds.

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2010, 09:16 PM
El Rey
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Show Me Your Ultra Limiteds.

Have an Ultra Classic as a rental, took the OL out and she liked it. Maybe looking to get one here sooner or later.

So show me your Limiteds...(I liked the limited since debut, but OL didn't wanna ride the King so much...)

Old 09-08-2010, 09:37 PM
tbrown2
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just pulled the trigger three weeks ago. The wife and I love it. I had the 03 Ultra and the differences in the ride are huge. Good Luck.

Attached Thumbnails Show Me Your Ultra Limiteds.-new-bike2.jpg  
Old 09-08-2010, 09:46 PM
ErikElvis
Cruiser
Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Id like to see more of that cool blue.

Old 09-09-2010, 12:40 AM
El Rey
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Come on ya'll.

Old 09-09-2010, 05:08 AM
sc00ter50
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

2010 White Ice Pearl / Black Ice Pearl, picked her up in April and 6000 miles later I still can't get that smile off my face!

Show Me Your Ultra Limiteds.-dsc00065.jpg

Old 09-09-2010, 05:28 AM
ErikElvis
Cruiser
Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Unfortunately very small pic. But thanks for trying. Cmon guys!! I wanna see some too. I have about 7 months before I will have my own to druel over!

Old 09-09-2010, 05:52 AM
ZZZCICI
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Attachment 138239

there ya go
DSC01904.jpg

DSC01916.jpg

Last edited by ZZZCICI; 08-12-2013 at 12:09 PM.
Old 09-09-2010, 06:23 AM
Timmy B
Outstanding HDF Member
Location: 12 year, Colombia, 4 years Mexico, currently In Kuwait, but Boston is HOME!!
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default GO for it!!

I had gold wings for fifteen years. Made the jump and love it!!! I did however, have a gas, throttle and sixth speed light issue when I bought it. After about 200 mi the bike would not idle. the sixth speed light came on and I was getting super bad gas mileage. I was thought ok it is HOG right, but then after a 45 mi ride and 3/4 of a six gallon tank gone I was shocked. Brought it to the dealer and they fixed it right away. They were helpful and curtious, but were not forthcoming on what the problem was. All issues were solved and then I had to leave the US for work. Only got about 400 mi on her before I had to leave the US, work reasons.

I loved it even though I had to baby the bike. I could tell there was a lot of power from the 103, the bike runs a little hot for me, I guess it is something I have to get used of having been riding watercooled bikes my whole life, plus you can find out solutions to that issue as well as many more on this site. here is a little + and - just for ***** and giggles

+ the ride is firm and handles well, you can really lean her over!!!
+ the bike's 103 wants to get up and go, I am sure with exhaust mod it will be insane, did not nreak her fully in but you can just feel it!!!!
+ Does not feel like a large dresser, easier to handle than 88-05 goldwing at slow speeds. I have had almost all of GWs and slow speeds with tons of gear is not exaactly easy. I had my sister myself and other stuff on the LImited, no worries and the weight was easy at slow speeds.
+ THe two tone paint I love the cool blue and black
+ So far the dealer has been outstanding and took the bike right away when I had an issue

- Not quite used of the vibration at idle, but it is a harley that is what they do
- ROlled off the lot had an issue with in 200 miles of riding with electronic throttle and other stuff mentioned
- not used to the directionals on both sides
- radio is in dire need of an upgrade, but then again I am very picky about my sound system to the point of an extremeist, my home system is about 10,000 dollars not including the tv
- Not sure why harley has not put the vrod engine in a dresser if it is watercooled, why is there a need to buy after market to cool the bike down and increase performance when the bike is already 25 K and up, plus I guess if the exhaust is changed out under warranty the it is no longer valid, please check on this but I am sure that is what I have read.

I am tryig to give you a even objectionable opinion, but even with issues I had I loved the ride. it was very different than what I was used to and and I have to learn to ride a aircooled bike. I am happy with the purchase but need the summer and about 4,000 miles to really let you know, but having it for just under 500 and not being able to open her up and really stave on it I still thought it was an AWESOME ride.

I hope this helps.

Old 09-09-2010, 06:59 AM
Avalanche_Mutt
Tourer
Old 09-09-2010, 07:35 AM
BADBREW
Tourer

Show Me Your Ultra Limiteds.-2009-12-30-027.jpg

Show Me Your Ultra Limiteds.-2009-12-30-028.jpg

Show Me Your Ultra Limiteds.-2009-12-30-029.jpg

Show Me Your Ultra Limiteds.-2009-12-30-017.jpg

Went in for an oil change on my '89 Ultra about this time last year and came home with a 2010 Limited Blue Flame Pearl over Vivid Black. No problems so far except chrome chipping on the rear rim. Fixed right away no hassle. Great bike with a few personal touches.

Quick Reply: Show Me Your Ultra Limiteds.