Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harbor Freight Lift Table

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2017 | 06:21 AM
patrick74
Tourer

Originally Posted by Rez Rider
so looks like I would have to drill holes for this wheel vise to mount to my harbor freight table...
just remember to place the stationary side first to mark center of table

Old 01-17-2017 | 08:39 AM
2goldens
HDF Community Team

Less than 2 years and had a bike on it maybe 4 times before the hydraulics gave up the ghost.
Sold it on CL and bought a Titan air operated model.

Old 01-17-2017 | 03:34 PM
jhsellers
Cruiser

Originally Posted by 2goldens
Less than 2 years and had a bike on it maybe 4 times before the hydraulics gave up the ghost.
Sold it on CL and bought a Titan air operated model.

I've had problems with every hydraulic jack/lift that I've ever purchased - and the issue has always been due to lack of oil. They might make a full stroke for the first couple of operations, but as the seals wear just a bit, you find the jack just won't lift the vehicle any more - fill it with fluid before worrying about it too seriously.

The HF lift table I bought took almost an entire 16-oz bottle of hydraulic jack fluid in order to top it off. It must have been shipped empty.

Most all hydraulic bottle units will give good service if you top off the cylinder before the first use. I've gotten very good service from every "cheap" hydraulic tool I've bought.

Your mileage might vary. If I wielded tools for my professional career, it would be a different story. But, for the typical home owner, HF is okay by me!

Hope this helps,
John

Old 01-17-2017 | 03:40 PM
SBates08
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by jhsellers

The HF lift table I bought took almost an entire 16-oz bottle of hydraulic jack fluid in order to top it off. It must have been shipped empty.

Most all hydraulic bottle units will give good service if you top off the cylinder before the first use. I've gotten very good service from every "cheap" hydraulic tool I've bought.
This was my experience with the HF lift. Didn't check the fluid beforehand and it just quit lifting after a couple weeks. Topped it off and it works decent enough now. There are times that I have to help it a bit to get the bike lifted but that's what happens when you don't inspect things properly.

Old 01-18-2017 | 12:58 AM
lh4x4
Extreme HDF Member

12 years on my oldest one and 5 years on the new one. Not a single issue on either. Paid $299 for the latest one. 1000 lb manual.

The old one was a 600lb manual that I used for small bikes and a conversion that I did to thread galvanized water pipes when I got the larger one. Took the ramp off and the front wheel vise. Bolted a pipe vise at each end and used it to redo all the old cold water system in the house. Works great. I think it was $199 when I got it.

Last edited by lh4x4; 01-18-2017 at 01:03 AM.
Old 01-18-2017 | 09:04 AM
Just Me
Road Warrior

Harbor Freight table with their cheap tire clamp. Works awesome, cant complain about the entire setup. Got $350 invested in the entire setup with tax. Well worth the money!

Attached Thumbnails Harbor Freight Lift Table-2004-08-29-22.13.00.jpg  
Old 01-18-2017 | 09:29 AM
ColoStreetGlide
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Just Me
Harbor Freight table with their cheap tire clamp. Works awesome, cant complain about the entire setup. Got $350 invested in the entire setup with tax. Well worth the money!
Nice, can you drive the bike up onto the lift? I mean while sitting on the bike?
Thanks! Great pic!

Old 01-18-2017 | 11:25 AM
Just Me
Road Warrior

No not safely. If you make up a wood box 8"x48" and lay it beside the lift then you have a place to put your feet.
I actually push mine on. In the pic I took one of my folding loading ramps apart and used the one half to lay down to make it a long easy push up onto the table. Its held in place with 2 pins, remove them and lift the table.

Old 01-18-2017 | 01:06 PM
2goldens
HDF Community Team

Originally Posted by jhsellers
I've had problems with every hydraulic jack/lift that I've ever purchased - and the issue has always been due to lack of oil. They might make a full stroke for the first couple of operations, but as the seals wear just a bit, you find the jack just won't lift the vehicle any more - fill it with fluid before worrying about it too seriously.

Your mileage might vary. If I wielded tools for my professional career, it would be a different story. But, for the typical home owner, HF is okay by me!

Hope this helps,
John
Believe me John, it was filled and bled I don't know how many times. For me, HF is always hit or miss. Sometimes the products are OK if they're not for everyday, heavy duty or "professional" use. But usually you break even if you get the job done a time or two and the item pukes on you. In general you aren't out a ton of money.

Old 01-18-2017 | 01:16 PM
brad75raiders
Road Warrior

I can't complain bought mine in 2000 rebuilt jack in 2001. I use mine all the time 4dirt bikes 2 Electra glides 1 fxr and 2 dynas .repaired various motors trannys and repaired friends rides with out a hiccup. Best 300.00 I have spent for my bikes.

Quick Reply: Harbor Freight Lift Table