Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My Fat Cat baffle review.

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2010, 09:45 PM
Dick1964
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Fat Cat baffle review.

T take out for what it's worth, but this is my honest opinion of the Fat Cat and a couple if it's baffles.

First let me say I was anti Fat Cat from the get go. I felt a certain sponser jept shoving it diwn people's throats. I even had a few words with them on here about it.

I bought my pipe thru my dealer.. I received the wrong baffle. I got the performance.

When first riding it, I thought this thing is loud. Then I thought this thing is fun. THIS thing is fast. Is was smoking people.

Then my quite baffle arrived and I had it installed. Sounds great. Deep Rumble to it. Not too loud. Power blows though. The concentric must really suck, which I own also but won't waste my time.

Excuse spelling errors. No spell check on phone.

Bottom line, how loud do you want it is based on your ears.quiet is for old men, performance its the ****.

Old 09-06-2010, 10:16 PM
KaponeWKYA
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What type motor do you have? I have a 96 stage 2 and was thinking Quiet Baffle, but would I be better served with the standard baffle (and is the standard baffle considered the performance baffle)?

Old 09-06-2010, 10:31 PM
captainjack
Road Master

Originally Posted by KaponeWKYA
What type motor do you have? I have a 96 stage 2 and was thinking Quiet Baffle, but would I be better served with the standard baffle and is the standard baffle considered the performance baffle)?
performance baffle is the loudest of the boss D&D fat cat, next step up is the borezilla, quiet baffle is for stock, with no performance upgrades too restrictive. standard baffle is great for upgrades great power nice deep rumble and very tolerable on long rides, love mine and i think they look great

Old 09-06-2010, 10:36 PM
KaponeWKYA
Tourer

Originally Posted by captainjack
performance baffle is the loudest of the boss D&D fat cat, next step up is the borezilla, quiet baffle is for stock, with no performance upgrades too restrictive. standard baffle is great for upgrades great power nice deep rumble and very tolerable on long rides, love mine and i think they look great
Okay, so just so I'm clear, get the standard baffle, not the quiet and not the performance?

Old 09-06-2010, 11:06 PM
captainjack
Road Master

you got it!

Old 09-06-2010, 11:11 PM
Dick1964
Cruiser

Is there a standard? Or is it the performance? My quiet is nice but sucks in performance.

Old 09-06-2010, 11:14 PM
KaponeWKYA
Tourer

Thanks CaptainJack!

Old 09-06-2010, 11:19 PM
Dick1964
Cruiser

Originally Posted by captainjack
Concentric is for stock, no upgrades. They al look the same on the outside.

Old 09-06-2010, 11:56 PM
captainjack
Road Master

yeah you can only tell the difference by looking inside at the baffle, the concentric is the quiet, the wrapped louvered (standard) is the performance, the plain or unwrapped louvered is performance also but described as being obnoxiously loud by D&D, then if you have a big bore build you should go with the borezilla

Old 09-06-2010, 11:58 PM
Inspector 12
Road Master

Originally Posted by KaponeWKYA
What type motor do you have? I have a 96 stage 2 and was thinking Quiet Baffle, but would I be better served with the standard baffle (and is the standard baffle considered the performance baffle)?
I have a stage II 103 and I am using the wrapped performance baffle in a Boss Fat Cat, according to Leonard at D&D the only difference between the "performance" and the wrapped baffle is that the wrapped is about 15% quieter. The concentric baffle is for stock engines only and is visibly different than the other two.

I have been very pleased with the sound and performance from my D&D but they are loud when you are on the throttle and noticeably louder than stock pipes at an idle.

Quick Reply: My Fat Cat baffle review.