Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My Fat Cat baffle review.

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2010, 03:42 AM
Dick1964
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by captainjack
yeah you can only tell the difference by looking inside at the baffle, the concentric is the quiet, the wrapped louvered (standard) is the performance, the plain or unwrapped louvered is performance also but described as being obnoxiously loud by D&D, then if you have a big bore build you should go with the borezilla
I'm sorry, but I'm having difficulty telling the difference in your description.
Concentric baffle= it has a cone down the middle of it. You can't see straight thru it. Very quiet and no performance to speak of.

Quiet baffle= wrapped baffle. You can see straight thru it. Deep rumble. Not that loud. When holding it in your hand the outside of it is wrapped in a cloth like substance.

Performance baffle= You can see straight thru it. When holding it in your hand the outer shell is metal. It isn't that loud.

Old 09-07-2010, 10:46 AM
captainjack
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

what you are calling the quiet baffle is what im referring to as the standard. the concentric(quiet) had the cone inside, the other two have louvers inside, the one that is 15% quieter(standard)is wrapped perforated(you cant see this wrapping unless you take the baffle out) the wrapping make it 15% quieter than the loud obnoxtious one which is also louvered on the inside. you can take the baffle out of the standard remove the wrapping and it will become louder. you are right i have heard louder but not louder and still retain that deep rumble