Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best Wax?

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2010, 02:57 PM
pinballparker
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Morris9982
You might want to consider not using wax and use a product called Zaino.

It does not contain wax. It is a polymer sealant. I started using it four or five years ago when I had a solid red car and was trying to find something that got rid of the swirl marks. It worked and I have used it on my cars and motorcycles ever since.

In my experience with this product, it lasts much longer than any wax I have ever used. It is very easy to use also.

The Zaino line includes a polish, a one step product (polish and protect), two different final coat products, detail sprays, etc.
+1 on Zaino, been using it for years on my show car

zainostore.com 732/833-8800

Old 09-06-2010, 02:59 PM
captainjack
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

+1 on the Zaino, glorious stuff, not cheap, google it check out videos on utube. also semichrome for the shinnier parts

Last edited by captainjack; 09-06-2010 at 03:02 PM. Reason: omitted
Old 09-06-2010, 03:18 PM
oldhippie
Stellar HDF Member
Received 117 Likes on 70 Posts
Default Meguire's Ultimate Quik Wax

I like the Meguire's product line a lot. Their Ultimate Quick Wax is now always used after a wash. Does a great job and it is easy.

Much better than Harley Gloss.

Old 09-06-2010, 06:26 PM
sgnden
Road Master
Received 56 Likes on 25 Posts

Zymol. Amazing exceptional quality products. Not cheap by ANY means but for everything from restorations to show cars or just people who want the best lasting finish...look into the line. My .02.

Old 09-06-2010, 06:40 PM
Ronp42
Account Retired
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

I know I'm getting old and senile, but since I started using Turtle synthetic Ice wax and spray detailer. The bugs seem to come off easier.

Old 09-06-2010, 07:34 PM
Gizmo83
Road Master
Received 568 Likes on 311 Posts

One thing to keep in mind--

The final outcome of your paint's finish is 90% process, 10% product. If you don't take the time to properly clean the paint, polish all the blemishes out, prep the surface for proper wax/sealant adhesion, you're just going to be making a scratched up surface shiny. Real depth and shimmer come from scratch free paint...a byproduct of polishing. If you set two bikes side by side, both equally polished/prepped, one waxed with the readily available Meguiar's #26 wax, the other with a $2000 Zymol wax, you won't tell a difference with the naked eye. They may feel different, have different durability, etc., but I'm betting you won't be able to say which is which.

Having said that, you can't go wrong with Zaino, Meguiar's, Mother's, Adam's... there are a lot of good detailing products out there. I personally use Rejex sealant for my final step after polishing the paint with either Meguiar's, Menzerna, or Zaino Z-PC.

Old 09-06-2010, 07:51 PM
Dionicio
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by frenchbiker
I use Pledge. Good stuff and it's dirt cheap.
+1 on Pledge, that's all I've ever used on My bike. 3yrs old next month, 30K, and it still look's brand new. Well except for a few minor scratches that I put on it.

Old 09-06-2010, 07:55 PM
Faast Ed
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Morris9982
You might want to consider not using wax and use a product called Zaino.

It does not contain wax. It is a polymer sealant. I started using it four or five years ago when I had a solid red car and was trying to find something that got rid of the swirl marks. It worked and I have used it on my cars and motorcycles ever since.

In my experience with this product, it lasts much longer than any wax I have ever used. It is very easy to use also.

The Zaino line includes a polish, a one step product (polish and protect), two different final coat products, detail sprays, etc.

I like the Zaino too. Used with the hardner additive, you can layer it up.

Old 09-06-2010, 08:14 PM
El Rey
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I use Meguiers Tech wax 2.0 and use Eagle Nano spray wax as an everyday spray wax.

Old 09-07-2010, 02:57 PM
JosephH1
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am extremely happy with the Einzett (1-z) products. With the use of micro fiber towels, annual clay bar and their polish and Glanz Wax you will get fantastic results. My black GTI is swirl free after 4 years!

Quick Reply: Best Wax?