Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Indianapolis Police Protest Ride

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2010, 10:38 AM
nemick
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Indianapolis Police Protest Ride

As many will already know, there is an ongoing problem here in Indianapolis regarding the recent accident involving an IMPD officer who hit 3 bikers while they were stopped allowing him to pass.
Today there has been a protest ride which went by my house. I have to say that it was damned impressive. I counted in excess of 1,060 bikes of all types and brands. The Mayor announced yesterday some reforms at IMPD as a direct result of the outrage of bikers in this city and I'm sure from all over the country.

Old 09-05-2010, 01:29 PM
NavyPT
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's nice to see a little public awareness actually getting results.

Old 09-05-2010, 02:24 PM
jeff.georgalas
Outstanding HDF Member

'Ya, "reforms" my ***. The guy was f'ing drunk and somehow they made that part of it go away, so I'm not impressed with their using the term reform at all.

Old 09-05-2010, 02:34 PM
flyer91
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Personally, I'd rather see the same, or more on a memorial ride, than on a protest ride.

I'm sure the LEO didn't mean to hit anybody ...... bikers ..... gang bangers ....... little old ladies in their way to bingo, or a school buss full of kids.

He screwed up big time, but (IMO) the accident is not a 'thing against bilkers'.

However ....... if the IPD is blowing it off, and not taking the same action they would if it had been the bingo players etc. ....... then I do agree that a protest from fellow bikers is totally appropriate.

The whole thing is just a huge tragedy, and one that spells out the need for a different tact within the IPD training/discipline.

Last edited by flyer91; 09-05-2010 at 02:37 PM.
Old 09-05-2010, 03:52 PM
CLL375
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by nemick
As many will already know, there is an ongoing problem here in Indianapolis regarding the recent accident involving an IMPD officer who hit 3 bikers while they were stopped allowing him to pass.
Today there has been a protest ride which went by my house. I have to say that it was damned impressive. I counted in excess of 1,060 bikes of all types and brands. The Mayor announced yesterday some reforms at IMPD as a direct result of the outrage of bikers in this city and I'm sure from all over the country.
Cool, but did you really count all the bikes?

Old 09-06-2010, 07:15 AM
maineultraclassic
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jeff.georgalas
'Ya, "reforms" my ***. The guy was f'ing drunk and somehow they made that part of it go away, so I'm not impressed with their using the term reform at all.

The cop was drunk and on duty responding to a call?

That adds a whole new element to the situation, and a whole new set of lawsuits the families can file.

Steve

Old 09-06-2010, 07:20 AM
Guntoter
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 101 Likes on 81 Posts

I hope this site does not become yet another police bashing site like so many others have turned into. Go to nearly any firearm related forum site and it seems like every other post goes on a cop bashing binge that is as bad as anything Al Queda would post. The threats of death, destruction and whatnot from these mom's basement dwelling dweebs is phenomenol. Hopefully it does not degenerate into that here too.

Old 09-06-2010, 07:23 AM
Iceman24
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 2,249 Likes on 1,640 Posts

Wow, glad to see "strength in numbers" & hope, in the end, fair justice is served. I didn't hear/read about this event, but hope all the bikers are OK.

Old 09-06-2010, 07:36 AM
Port Dawg
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Guntoter
I hope this site does not become yet another police bashing site like so many others have turned into. Go to nearly any firearm related forum site and it seems like every other post goes on a cop bashing binge that is as bad as anything Al Queda would post. The threats of death, destruction and whatnot from these mom's basement dwelling dweebs is phenomenol. Hopefully it does not degenerate into that here too.

Agreed

Old 09-06-2010, 08:20 AM
BadPiggy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by maineultraclassic
The cop was drunk and on duty responding to a call?

That adds a whole new element to the situation, and a whole new set of lawsuits the families can file.

Steve
Yes.
And the arresting officer conveniently took him for blood alcohol testing from someone that wasn't certified.
Sooooo...the drunk driving charge disappears.

Funny how that works, huh!

Quick Reply: Indianapolis Police Protest Ride