Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Indianapolis Police Protest Ride

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2010, 03:08 PM
cruzmisl
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I don't want to comment too much on this but to paint all Police officers with the same brush is wrong. The guy clearly has a drinking problem and he is no different from a doctor who practices medicine and has a drinking problem. Neither should be doing their job but somehow not all Doctors are d!cks Someone he works with should have stepped up and got him help before this unfolded.

I have met some @sshole cops and I have also met some @sshole waiters, accountants, managers, engineers, maids, nurses, Doctors etc. There is always a few in every group.

Having said that, he needs to be tried like every other individual.

Old 09-06-2010, 03:10 PM
Harley_RN
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bigskyhd
I agree. If you do the crime, you need to do the time. LEO or NOT! If it was one of us, it would certainly be a different story.

Just had this same conversation with an LEO that got a speeding ticket. He was all upset because he flipped out his badge and the trooper "lectured" him and then gave him a ticket. Never mind the fact that he was speeding and breaking the law. He calls it "discretion" I call it "double standard."

His response was as follows:

Originally Posted by knife_edge
But in "Law Enforcement" we share a commend trend of having some kind of discretion when handing out tickets to other law enforcement officers or Judges for that matter... Another thing is that I have given a lot of breaks to members of the law enforcement community.... That including a member of the DEA. By the same token, I thing that it would of been nice if that trooper did the same for me.... Mind you, I know that not everyone fuctions the same and his discretion was not doing so. But along with the ticket, I did not need the lecture !

Last edited by Harley_RN; 09-06-2010 at 03:49 PM.
Old 09-06-2010, 03:17 PM
babyray
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by KutenFLHX
Just like any other organization, it is the few "bad" ones that make the whole group look bad. We just need to weed out the few so that the many do not suffer through public opinion.
Problem is these days its more than just a few. Cops are literally getting away with murder and the supporters strike it up to "cop bashing"when openly criticizing their actions. Personally Im sick of the acusations of somehow being less patriotic when you do so.

Old 09-06-2010, 03:27 PM
RBowers
Road Master
Received 41 Likes on 17 Posts

It's crazy when those who are supposed to protect us from harm are the ones that put us in harms way and they don't pay the consequences for their actions.

Old 09-06-2010, 03:33 PM
stro1965
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 710 Likes on 353 Posts

Originally Posted by babyray
Problem is these days its more than just a few. Cops are literally getting away with murder and the supporters strike it up to "cop bashing"when openly criticizing their actions. Personally Im sick of the acusations of somehow being less patriotic when you do so.
I disagree. It's a VERY small percentage of officers who go bad. You hear about it more now, news travels fast on Al Gore's internet.

Last edited by stro1965; 09-06-2010 at 03:51 PM.
Old 09-06-2010, 03:41 PM
flyer91
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by stro1965
I disagree. It's a VERY small percentage of officers who go bad. You here about it more now, news travels fast on Al Gore's internet.

Yeah .... even if it gets "massaged" on the way ......

Old 09-06-2010, 03:43 PM
mike5511
Elite HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by BadPiggy
Yes.
And the arresting officer conveniently took him for blood alcohol testing from someone that wasn't certified.
Sooooo...the drunk driving charge disappears.

Funny how that works, huh!
So you KNOW he did that on purpose with malicious intent! I can tell you that is not the first time something like that has happened. I know we in LE are supposed to be perfect and never make a mistake or make bad decisions, but the fact is HUMANS make up the ranks in LE, and therefore are as prone to screw ups as anybody else (some more that others). I am NOT taking up for the drunk SOB (IF that was the case) who hit the bikers. Hang'em high if that was the case! I would also advocate punishment for the ofc who screwed up the BAC, IF it can be proven he did it on purpose or even if he SHOULD have known better but didn't, no matter what he claims.

Rightly or wrongly; members of ANY group tend to band together to protect one another when the "fit hits the shan"!

Old 09-06-2010, 03:43 PM
FXSTS-88
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by babyray
Cops are literally getting away with murder and the supporters strike it up to "cop bashing"when openly criticizing their actions. Personally Im sick of the acusations of somehow being less patriotic when you do so.
Amen Bro!!!
Seems half of the 'local' force are 'bad apples' here. They sure know how to protect their own!!!

Old 09-06-2010, 03:52 PM
cotnballs
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Those LEOs that took their buddy in for a BAT knew the chain of custody and they should be punished for not following it because they knew better and obviously from someone looking in it looks like they did it on purpose. If that means loosing their jobs to get back public trust, so be it.

LEOs are held to a much higher standard then the public and they should be! Unlike the bad apples of waiters, maids etc LEOs can ruin your life and put you in jail. They are suppose to be professionals, they need to act like it..

Old 09-06-2010, 04:07 PM
BadPiggy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by mike5511
So you KNOW he did that on purpose with malicious intent!
Yes, he did.
The alcohol wasn't forced down his throat.
You're barking up the wrong tree if you're going to try to justify a drunk, cop or not.

I do not condone drinking/driving...never have, never will.
OH...and NO, I don't drink.

HANG 'EM HIGH, I say!

Quick Reply: Indianapolis Police Protest Ride