Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Indianapolis Police Protest Ride

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2010, 11:42 AM
Spur56
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by leonm47
Just think what it would be like if there were no officers on the streets for just one hour and it was publicized.
I would love the target practice. Look out politicians.

Old 09-13-2010, 11:43 AM
Double_Trouble
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by stro1965
In response to your first question... YES, I treat that entire situation differently. I am more alert, guarded, looking for danger signs, etc...keeps me alive.

The other stuff makes for a great debate, but it's been debated since Christ was a Corporal with no real resolution. The fact is, as long as cops are human, they will make mistakes. We, the ones who do our jobs every day in a professional manner, don't appreciate being lumped in with the FEW bad ones. I don't have the smarts to "fix it", nor am I in a position to do so, outside my own squad or department.
I agree with your point on the age old debate....and as I am sure you guessed...the first question was loaded.

As a LEO, your life depends on your situational awareness. So in the scenario I gave you, your awareness would cause you to act differently than you would with a "lil' old church lady". I respect and appreciate that stance. My point to all this was.....

There has been a significant increase of "bad apple cops" and as a result we (the general public) have adopted a different attitude and different way of doing business when we are forced to deal with LEO's. Much like you have a different approach when dealing with known criminals.

I readily admit that I am toward the extreme end of the spectrum when it comes to mistrust of LEO's. Many people (as seen in this thread) do not share my opinion...and that is fine.

Old 09-13-2010, 11:53 AM
Double_Trouble
Cruiser

Originally Posted by drbillk
And your point is? I know I sure as hell don't care how they're treated. They didn't get their by being upstanding citizens...

Unfortunately you DONT know that. Which was was the OP's point. How many overturned convictions have there been this year alone. DNA evidence has proven just how many innocent ARE in prison. Your attitude about not giving a **** is the same attitude that leads to bad cops.

Old 09-13-2010, 12:04 PM
AZCFH
Cruiser

[QUOTE=mike5511;7269137]You have a problem with harassing and intimidating the kind of people I mentioned????? And I use the terms loosely. A better word/term might be "give lots of attention to". As in, I do so without breaking the law. I'll bet you wouldn't mind me "harassing/intimidating" these kind of people if they assaulted your daughter and stole your bike![/Q

REALLY? NO I DONT.. it was to point out the double standard some cops live by...wasnt trying to get you all worked up..like i said... im no god dam vigilante but i'm not one to just stand by and watch an ******* try to hurt a family member of mine ....so DONT EVEN GO THERE and if some douchebag wants to steal my bike fine!you really think i'm that worried about my god dam harley get real.. that's why i have full coverage insurance.. im not going to wait 30 minutes or more for the "calavry" to arrive..get it ...im not going to get in a pissing match with you or anyone else so whatever..

Old 09-13-2010, 12:37 PM
flyer91
Tourer

Anyways ......... anyone done any good fishin' lately?

Old 09-13-2010, 12:51 PM
dhutchison
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So these 2 guys walk into a bar.............................

You'd think the second one would have missed it after the first one walked into it.

Old 09-13-2010, 01:48 PM
Sharknose
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Perception is reality. And the perception ain't too good these days in either direction.

Old 09-13-2010, 03:21 PM
Ironhand
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by stro1965
FWIW Ironhand, I AM polite and professional at all times unless the situation dictates otherwise. Are you sure you don't just resent the statutory authority granted to police officers?
Yes Stro i am sure i dont just resent the statutory authority. Since riding and being on harley's since '77 i have seen and have been abused by the police, for no other reason than the policeman at the time didnt like "Bikers"(long hair big beard tattoos) I have had mirrors broken, headlights smashed just so the policeman could write a ticket. Any place to turn to? nope who would the judge believe? a 22 year old with long hair beard and tattoos? or maybe the "officer of the court"? what do you think.

When those that enforce the law, think they are above the law, there is no law

Old 09-13-2010, 03:37 PM
Double_Trouble
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Sharknose
Dogcop727-as long as RICO statutes are legal, the answer is "yes". The government has ruled that it IS okay in our country to hold everybody in the group accountable because of what one bad apple does. What's good for the goose....

THANK YOU, thank you, thank you. I was starting to think everyone on this forum was a sheeople. Finally someone who understands HOW imbalanced things are and why law enforcement IS the single largest RICO offender in ANY municipality ANYWHERE in the USA.

Old 09-13-2010, 03:51 PM
CLL375
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Damn, you people are till at this! All the thread boils down to is some people just don't like the police and continue to hide it with hypothetical BS. I patrol in the worst part of Houston and most of the people that live there dislike the police. I never have anyone say anything positive about about us. They only bitch and cry. When I'm on the good side of town, people are friendly,talkative, and genuinely want you around. Kind of like this place.

"Can't we all just get along!" How about someone start a thread about "the best slip-ons", "the best seat", or "why wont any one wave to me"

Quick Reply: Indianapolis Police Protest Ride