Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Indianapolis Police Protest Ride

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2010, 10:34 AM
Ironhand
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by stro1965
So, humor me here, are you saying that, if I were to take you in on a DWI, you would refuse to submit to the test unless I "asked" you? If I "directed" you to take the test, you would tell me to pound sand because I wasn't nice enough? And please understand that it doesn't matter to me if you refuse the test...it's YOUR driving priveleges on the line, not mine.
ok, humor me. what i was refering to was not about me going in for a dui. hell even i know that drunks are stupid when they are drunk.
What i was referring to is police in general. Im my way of thinking police shouldnt be able to demand anything unless the situation goes out of hand. as far a police being polite..ever go to canada and talk to thier police or see them dealing with people? Polite, even courtious to most until the situtaion demands differant, unlike the police here in the US.

Old 09-13-2010, 10:36 AM
Double_Trouble
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Give me a break. I don't harass, kill and drive drunk, nor have I lost control. Of course a cop here and there will screw up...COPS ARE HUMAN. We weed out the bad ones as soon as we know they're bad.
Let me ask you a fair question. If you run across a guy who is commonly hanging around know felons and harden criminals, do YOU treat or interact with that individual any differently than you would an a complete stranger?

A on-duty cop runs over and KILLS 3 bikers (perhaps due to being drunk) and the most intelligent thing an off duty cop could post on this site was "I sure hope this doesnt become a copbashing site."?

Perhaps if more cops had a mind to fix the problem instead of dismiss it under the "few bad apples" clause, public perception would be different.

Maybe if the post (and the attitude) was constructed to read more like a "lets fix this problem" rather than a "don't hate the player hate the game", we (the general public) would see some gleam of hope for our power hungry LEO's.

Perhaps a post that read more like this...

"We as LEO's really need to start cleaning our own back yard. These "bad apple" cops are really affecting our persona and without the support of our public we will be rendered ineffective".

or you (LEO's not you specifically) could continue with the current approach of trying to make it look like a non-issue.

Old 09-13-2010, 10:46 AM
stro1965
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 710 Likes on 353 Posts

Originally Posted by Ironhand
ok, humor me. what i was refering to was not about me going in for a dui. hell even i know that drunks are stupid when they are drunk.
What i was referring to is police in general. Im my way of thinking police shouldnt be able to demand anything unless the situation goes out of hand. as far a police being polite..ever go to canada and talk to thier police or see them dealing with people? Polite, even courtious to most until the situtaion demands differant, unlike the police here in the US.
FWIW Ironhand, I AM polite and professional at all times unless the situation dictates otherwise. Are you sure you don't just resent the statutory authority granted to police officers?

Old 09-13-2010, 10:54 AM
Double_Trouble
Cruiser

It's not everyone. It's a very few vocal ones who can't resist throwing a jab whenever they get a chance.

The opening line by one of the LEO's was "I hope this site doesn't become a cop bashing site like all the other MC forums I go to".

I was addressing that post.....and IMHO there is an upward trend in hate/bashing toward LEO's.

Old 09-13-2010, 10:57 AM
stro1965
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 710 Likes on 353 Posts

Originally Posted by Double_Trouble
Let me ask you a fair question. If you run across a guy who is commonly hanging around know felons and harden criminals, do YOU treat or interact with that individual any differently than you would an a complete stranger?

A on-duty cop runs over and KILLS 3 bikers (perhaps due to being drunk) and the most intelligent thing an off duty cop could post on this site was "I sure hope this doesnt become a copbashing site."?

Perhaps if more cops had a mind to fix the problem instead of dismiss it under the "few bad apples" clause, public perception would be different.

Maybe if the post (and the attitude) was constructed to read more like a "lets fix this problem" rather than a "don't hate the player hate the game", we (the general public) would see some gleam of hope for our power hungry LEO's.

Perhaps a post that read more like this...

"We as LEO's really need to start cleaning our own back yard. These "bad apple" cops are really affecting our persona and without the support of our public we will be rendered ineffective".

or you (LEO's not you specifically) could continue with the current approach of trying to make it look like a non-issue.
In response to your first question... YES, I treat that entire situation differently. I am more alert, guarded, looking for danger signs, etc...keeps me alive.

The other stuff makes for a great debate, but it's been debated since Christ was a Corporal with no real resolution. The fact is, as long as cops are human, they will make mistakes. We, the ones who do our jobs every day in a professional manner, don't appreciate being lumped in with the FEW bad ones. I don't have the smarts to "fix it", nor am I in a position to do so, outside my own squad or department.

Old 09-13-2010, 10:58 AM
wideroad
Cruiser

What can I say about the police that NWA hasn't?

Old 09-13-2010, 11:19 AM
mike5511
Elite HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

{QUOTE}So my question is, how many non LEO dui's has the officer who took said drunk officer to the blood draw worked and convicted. I'm sure it is many, and if so why didn't he follow the same procedure that has worked in convicting all those non LEO's? You assume he is an upstanding LEO. And I'm sure when dealing with John Q Public, he is regarded among his fellow officers. But when faced with the fact that one of his brothers screwed up really bad, and knowing that certain things can get a case thrown out of court. Did he make that choice? I know in the area in California I lived in when an officer of that city was involved in an accident or fatality, the California Highway Patrol were dispatched to the scene immediately to run the investigation.[/QUOTE]

I don't know! It probably is just like you say. Sure smells like it. It LOOKS ugly. BUT, we DO NOT have all the facts here to know for sure. So to ASSume anything without all the facts is wrong.

Old 09-13-2010, 11:20 AM
drbillk
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by EasternSP
If ya don't like how they are on the street, you should see how they are in the prisons. In there, they do even more of what they want to because nobody outside the prison cares about what happens to the prisoners. Complaints by the prisoners are investigated by the prison guards themselves.

And your point is? I know I sure as hell don't care how they're treated. They didn't get their by being upstanding citizens...

Old 09-13-2010, 11:33 AM
leonm47
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I only read the first couple pages of this and regretfully this is the first time I'd heard about it. I've been an officer for 31 years this Jan. I will admit there are bad officers in all departments. If what I've briefly heard that the IPD is trying to sweep this under the rug the families should get the US Justice Dept. involved. I've been a cop in the south and a black cop I might add but I will tell as bad as some departments are: IE: New Orleans ect. Just think what it would be like if there were no officers on the streets for just one hour and it was publicized.

Old 09-13-2010, 11:41 AM
Spur56
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by drbillk
And your point is? I know I sure as hell don't care how they're treated. They didn't get their by being upstanding citizens...

Just in case you have not been looking a statistics, there are actually many innocent/framed people in jail. Could happen to you if you mess with a LEO. Had more than one tell me they can put you in jail anytime they want. All they have to do is plant something during a search, etc. They can get you if they want.

Quick Reply: Indianapolis Police Protest Ride