Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Indianapolis Police Protest Ride

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2010, 08:51 PM
T K Glider
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have no problems with police but if this cop was drunk and on duty the reason why there dampening it down is the cities liability to the bikers.

Old 09-13-2010, 03:11 AM
mike5511
Elite HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by MTBlood
This whole incident is a mess, I've been following it from the beginning. Lets not lose sight that a fellow rider lost his life doing what he more than likely loved, and pray that his family gets the justice that they deserve.
I think I'm done with this thread and just want to say "AMEN" to the above! (even if the alledged drunk cop was a "fellow rider" also.) Thoughts and prayers to families.........on both sides.

Last edited by mike5511; 09-13-2010 at 03:16 AM.
Old 09-13-2010, 06:04 AM
RandyDowdy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by T K Glider
I have no problems with police but if this cop was drunk and on duty the reason why there dampening it down is the cities liability to the bikers.
Exactly. It is a clusterfuk for them, no matter what. A multi-million dollar lawsuit is coming if they are found responsible. If he was drunk, and it was covered up, I hope he goes to prison for a very long time. And I hope the affected families do get compensation.

But we weren't there, and will never know ALL the details.

RD

Old 09-13-2010, 07:20 AM
stro1965
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 709 Likes on 352 Posts

Originally Posted by Ironhand
FYI it is not the fact that they have the right to do it it the attitude that they can DEMAND anything. I dont have a problem with enforcing DUI's, just the overzealous DEMAND that bothers me
Almost sounds like you're demanding that LEO's be polite.

Old 09-13-2010, 08:32 AM
coiledup
Tourer

" Quote So you KNOW he did that on purpose with malicious intent! I can tell you that is not the first time something like that has happened. I know we in LE are supposed to be perfect and never make a mistake or make bad decisions, but the fact is HUMANS make up the ranks in LE, and therefore are as prone to screw ups as anybody else (some more that others). I am NOT taking up for the drunk SOB (IF that was the case) who hit the bikers. Hang'em high if that was the case! I would also advocate punishment for the ofc who screwed up the BAC, IF it can be proven he did it on purpose or even if he SHOULD have known better but didn't, no matter what he claims." End Quote

So my question is, how many non LEO dui's has the officer who took said drunk officer to the blood draw worked and convicted. I'm sure it is many, and if so why didn't he follow the same procedure that has worked in convicting all those non LEO's? You assume he is an upstanding LEO. And I'm sure when dealing with John Q Public, he is regarded among his fellow officers. But when faced with the fact that one of his brothers screwed up really bad, and knowing that certain things can get a case thrown out of court. Did he make that choice? I know in the area in California I lived in when an officer of that city was involved in an accident or fatality, the California Highway Patrol were dispatched to the scene immediately to run the investigation.

Old 09-13-2010, 08:51 AM
cotnballs
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LEOs are not here to protect any one, which has been the message from them and Justice System for many years. They are here to clean up the mess so the threat is empty that “you will need us one day” yeah where will you be handing out tickets? So when are you seen by John Q Public? Yeah when you are writing them tickets, stopping them at check points or running them over on the road, no wonder people don't think much of LEOs most of the time. It’s the system you and the people above you created!

Old 09-13-2010, 09:55 AM
Ironhand
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by stro1965
Almost sounds like you're demanding that LEO's be polite.
No, not at all. Treat me with just a bit of respect and i will do the same. Come at me with a attitude and i will do the same. Just like in real life. Just because you wear a badge it does not make you superior to me.

Old 09-13-2010, 10:16 AM
stro1965
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Ironhand
No, not at all. Treat me with just a bit of respect and i will do the same. Come at me with a attitude and i will do the same. Just like in real life. Just because you wear a badge it does not make you superior to me.
So, humor me here, are you saying that, if I were to take you in on a DWI, you would refuse to submit to the test unless I "asked" you? If I "directed" you to take the test, you would tell me to pound sand because I wasn't nice enough? And please understand that it doesn't matter to me if you refuse the test...it's YOUR driving priveleges on the line, not mine.

Old 09-13-2010, 10:18 AM
Double_Trouble
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Guntoter
Everybody loves to hate the cops. Till they need one.
Have you stopped to consider that if everyone, from every site you go to, is bashing cops

..................the problem might be the cops?

Old 09-13-2010, 10:29 AM
stro1965
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Double_Trouble
Have you stopped to consider that if everyone, from every site you go to, is bashing cops

..................the problem might be the cops?
It's not everyone. It's a very few vocal ones who can't resist throwing a jab whenever they get a chance.

NOBODY likes to get a ticket, we get that. We realize that it doesn't help our image when we issue said ticket and we are OK with that, it's all part of the job. We know that we are seen as hypocritical whenever one of us screws up and does something that we would arrest other folks for. All we can really do, at that point, is the right thing. We punish the screw-up not only criminally, but administratively. I think that the criminal and administrative lines got crossed in this case. Someone messed up and several command level officers are paying a dear price for it.

But it's not ALL of us who screw up, it's actually very few, just like the vocal basher group.

Quick Reply: Indianapolis Police Protest Ride