Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Indianapolis Police Protest Ride

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2010, 09:32 PM
Ricks Ride
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by stro1965
I honestly believe, and I hope I'm right, that they just weren't thinking along the lines of a criminal DUI prosecution at that point. They were thinking administrative action. That's the only reason I can think of why they'd have taken him anywhere else.
That is what was going on. It was put out in the initial response from the police department.

Old 09-10-2010, 09:35 PM
Ricks Ride
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JimmySGC
Really, seems like the one in question here is getting away with murder. Smells like one get off the hook to me. Doubt if I'd gotten the same luxury as he did. Way to weed them out.
Have you read the statutes and sentences he faces with the charges that he faces now? Or are you guessing?

Old 09-10-2010, 09:45 PM
JimmySGC
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Ricks Ride
Have you read the statutes and sentences he faces with the charges that he faces now? Or are you guessing?
I doubt he gets away with the killing part, I was just saying that he's already gotten away with more than a normal citizen would and IMHO he'll do less time than I would. The "he's getting away with murder" was just a statement not fact.

Old 09-11-2010, 07:54 AM
Shank
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Guys, i was at the ride and it was a benifit to raise money for the VICTIMS of this tragedy first and foremost. Also it was to raise community awareness so it didnt get "swept under the rug" . It wasn't a "cop bashing" thing at all, we just want to know the facts and have justice prevail. If wrong doing ( its my opinon there was ) happened it will come out and hopefully be dealt with accordingly. With one person dead, and 2 critically injured it SHOULD be a community outrage that an officer was drunk on duty and caused such a crash. BAC was .19 , 2.5 hours after the wreck,reportedly. We can blame everyone and anyone, but the ones who count here are the one that caused it and the ones who responded.

I for one don't blame cops , or hate cops, but i do hate bad cops. And any good cop would agree with that. Bashing cops ISN'T what the ride was about, so lets dont don't do it here.

The guy who killed the rider has to live with this for the rest of his life, let alone how badly he hurt the other two riders. I cant even imagine what that would be like.

The man that was killed was also a legion rider and the surrounding legions were called in to help his his family, and the other victims, like or not thats just what we did.............And we raised $32,000 to help pay for their expenses...

Old 09-11-2010, 10:38 AM
CLL375
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Damn guys! 94 post of wining, bickering, and **** house lawyers. All this thread really boils down to it some people don't like the police and when one screws up everyone jumps on the band wagon. Where are all the 94+ post threads where the drunk doctor, lawyer, steel worker, dock worker, officer manager, house wife, and so on kill a rider? Hell, where are all the threads about the drivers that killed a rider and had a great lawyer and got off?

Okay, the officer was wrong for being drunk and driving. He was also wrong for leaving the scene. Officers are human too and they do make mistakes just like the rest of us. After reading all these post I kept thinking about how many hypocrites there may be here. I know some of you all (at one point or another) had a little too much to drink and drove home.

Being a police officer is like any other job, it puts food on the table and a roof over his head. None of the officers I know (and I know a lot) became an officer to save the world. None of them were beat up as kids, and none of them have a god complex. Most of then did it because there father was an officer, they wanted the excitement, or they were ex-military and thought it would be fun. By now you should have guessed it; I'm a police officer. I became an officer because of every one of the reasons above. I follow the laws and do my job well. Every day at work is like a movie. Some days it a drama, some a comedy, and some an action flick. I'm a very lenient officer when it comes to traffic stops. I'll mainly use it for PC to look in the vehicle. With that being said I feel its okay to cut a guy a break too (when you can and should. ie traffic stops).

The other officers involved should have done their jobs and followed the oath they took because the bottom line is its their *** too then the **** hits the fan.

Have we all beat this dead horse enough? Flame on bitches! HAHAHAH!

Old 09-11-2010, 10:56 AM
T-Dub
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Sharknose
RICO the whole bunch. That's what THEY do.

C'mon, did you really just say RICO???

Please read up on RICO before saying crap like this.

It first had to be proven that two or more members acted in concert in the furtherence of a "Criminal Enterprise" by commiting at least two felony crimes in concert with, and knowledge of, the "Criminal Enterprise".

Old 09-11-2010, 11:08 AM
T-Dub
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by stro1965
Seriously? You know he's getting away with it already? He MIGHT be getting away with a DUI, he'll answer for the rest of it.

Stro, don't you remember? We had that "secret squirrel" meeting a few months ago and decided that we could all get away with murder if we just turned a blind-eye towards any bad things we see other cops do? Oh, and we could have all been retired and rich by now if we would have turned that same blind eye towards all the illegal crap the rest of the public does.

For the retards who say, "Just look up cops gone bad.etc.etc." How about you guys just look up "crime". See how many of those AREN'T cops.

So since we have decided to divide the forum members here as cops or notcops, how many of those hits are from notcops? I would be willing to be it's something like 99%. So, who needs to adjust thier attitudes now?

Old 09-11-2010, 07:12 PM
JimmySGC
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by CLL375
Being a police officer is like any other job
Really? I've never looked to my plumber for help after a robbery. My carpenters truck doesn't say "protect & serve". I expect that the guy that mows my lawn might have a drink at lunch, but then again he doesn't carry a badge and gun and uphold our nations laws.

Just another job huh, well that explains a lot. I feel even safer now.

Old 09-11-2010, 10:01 PM
rscalzo
Road Warrior
Received 126 Likes on 77 Posts

Go to youtube and do a search
Or drunk bikers, drunk gun owners and on and on. Look for something and you will find it. Insinuating that it's the total sum of the populations is simplistic.

Old 09-11-2010, 10:21 PM
rscalzo
Road Warrior
Received 126 Likes on 77 Posts

If you exercise your Constistutional Rights, especially the Second Amendment, you'll NEVER need one
Except in a few cases like burnt eggs. Guess all owner's of firearms are dangerous and should be disarmed. Making determinations on singular events is now seemingly valid.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/39119240...me_and_courts/

Quick Reply: Indianapolis Police Protest Ride