Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Couple pics from Milwaukee Rally

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2010, 01:59 PM
bigalv63
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice photos.......plus Milwaukee is a fun town with great food....I once lived there....bigal v

Old 09-06-2010, 02:06 PM
FFeric
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

I agree the rally is nothing great. But there isn't much else going on around here. I kept hearing that they should have held everything at State Fair Park.

Eric, what did you not like about the rally? I agree DD has some sweet bikes. That yellow bike was sharp. I am going to call this week about the taillights on it. I just wish I could have seen them lit up.

Old 09-06-2010, 03:01 PM
Eric in chicago
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Eric, what did you not like about the rally?

Too spread out... Each dealer had a pretty good party. Well, Hals and HOH did. I get the idea, hit each dealer for your poker cards, spend some time and shop, support. Vendors were ok... Unless you were going to hang at one dealer all day, it was too much moving around. We got to State Fair around 9:45 on Sat to pick up the rally packs, not much going on. Was signed up for the Sat ride but once we started getting good cards and thought we had a chance to win something we decided to blow off the HD ride and hit all dealers. That took until 5pm. Made it back down to Water st to turn in the cards and from 5-6 it was pretty empty. Headed back to the hotel and came back down at 7pm, still kind of sparse crowd. Gallagher was ok, would rather have seen a "known" band. Sun we checked out the bike show and the Evil exhb. but there was not much going on except that. Was not going to go back to the dealers, as there was nothing worth seeing again. Decided to go on a ride as for us, the rally was really over.Wi has some great roads/rides, If I came back next year, I would do a one day visit. I think I would rather use Milwaukee as a home base to ride your great roads if I was going to spend the night.

Old 09-06-2010, 10:42 PM
clewley8
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

great pics!

Old 09-06-2010, 10:51 PM
captainjack
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks man i drool when i see 21s, got my fix for today

Old 09-07-2010, 12:58 AM
FFeric
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Eric
I went for a ride (I was the only guy) the other weekend. We were west of Madison. We went to Sauk City HD. The roads out that way were great. Hills, curves, valleys. It was great out that way.

A couple years ago the rally was all at State Fair park. It was much better then. I would like to have seen more bike shows, etc. If it wasn't local for me, I wouldn't go.