Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stupid dealer/salesman tricks....

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2011, 04:09 PM
my1sthog
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Whoa

The dealership here in Ca. tried to push a RG on me. I didn't want a RG I wanted a SG. They only had one and it was all souped up and it wasn't for sale. So I walked, and went over about 30 miles away to another dealer and looked at their SG's. They had 5 different ones to choose from, but I wanted black and I didn't see any black ones. Well they had one in the back and they rolled it out and we started negoitiating and I could'nt be happier. They treat me like royalty when I go in there. Great service too.

Old 04-26-2011, 07:06 PM
Pastor John
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Like a lot of folks, I've had my share of poor experiences trading with dealers on bikes.

But I have had excellent experiences with Earl Small's HD in Marietta, GA. Took my '07 Road King in looking to trade it on a new '08 Road Glide and negotiated a fair trade in short order. When I discovered a few weeks later that the new bike had a porous crankcase that was seeping oil, they went out of their way to rebuild the motor during the Thanksgiving holidays. Then the service manager suggested that he would be happy to upgrade me to the 103" kit for no extra charge. Gave me a new Street Glide as a loaner while mine was in the shop.

Over the next month, I got three phone calls from the service department to make sure I was pleased and that the rebuild was performing well. They did my 1000 mile service for no cost. Three years later, the dealership still gives me excellent service - always on time, and they seem to always do a little extra at no additional cost every time I come in.

The sales folks seem generous, helpful, and eager to make a deal that pleases everybody. I can't imagine going anywhere else to purchase a bike, accessories, or service - they have earned my trust and all of my business. It's a pleasure to recommend them to anyone.

Old 04-26-2011, 08:09 PM
6 gun
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,747 Likes on 982 Posts

In 07 harley had been on strike so the pickings
were few and far between. I had to take what
I could find, but while I was at home thinking about
the bike and the price the salesman calles me up
on my cell and tells me that someone else is looking
at "My Bike" so I got my wife to drive me a hundred
miles to the harley shop so I could buy "My Bike"
before someone else did. I don't know if it was B.S.
or not, but it worked for him and me.

Old 04-26-2011, 08:42 PM
lh4x4
Extreme HDF Member
Received 932 Likes on 574 Posts

One sales manager told me that it was their policy to add the 1k and 5 service price to the bike before the sell it.

I looked at him for a good long pause and replied. " My policy is not to purchase anything that I don't want. Since I am the one writing the check, I am a majority of one. Goodby." Got the bike without the services and made an even trade with my Rune.

Never tried to buy a bike there since. I buy a new bike every year for cash. That was five bikes ago. They lost a small fortune. Also, being who I am, I have taken every one over to them and showed them.