Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Salesman made me walk away...

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2010, 01:54 PM
kipd
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the Denim Black Rocker, I really like the looks. It is as black as the day I bought it, and the easiest finish to maintain. I have also owned a vivid Black ultra, they are opposite extremes of maintenance. Vivid is so hard to keep polished and the denim is so easy to keep looking great.

Old 09-03-2010, 02:58 PM
cayers
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome from New Mexico and good luck on your quest, you'll find the color and bike you want!

Old 09-03-2010, 03:55 PM
gunner11
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Welcome from New Mexico, go somewhere else and get what you want.

Old 09-03-2010, 05:11 PM
nutsandbolts5212
Road Warrior

Received 801 Likes on 358 Posts

Originally Posted by toothdocthc
hey nuts, thought you thought this forum was bs and you "weren't coming back" I knew you'd be back. You get that beeyatch beaten today or just medicated? Great to have you back.
Yeah, was drunk and cruising through posts, should of just kept my mouth shut and not posted a thing like I normally do with "stupid "posts. I do have fun reading the dumb **** though! Ride on and Ride safe!

Old 09-03-2010, 05:33 PM
JimTJr
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 74 Likes on 52 Posts

I was 19 back in 77 and drove by a local Nissan dealer, they had a powder blue Lincoln Town Car 2 door on a stand out by the highway. I stopped and was looking at it. I had a 72 Pontiac Lemans. I asked the dealer to get the keys so I could look inside, he looked at me and said, "You'll be wasting my time".
I went inside, found the sales manager and asked him if they wanted to sell cars, he said of course we do. I told him what the salesman told me, he grabbed another one and told him to get the keys, and take it off the rack if I wanted to drive it. (One of those metal ramp style) I had the car at home three days later.... and never saw that salesman in there again.

Old 09-03-2010, 05:46 PM
anickel
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Finnster1
So.....I walked into my dealer knowing what I wanted....

I am new here (hello) but I have owned 5 Harley's since 95' so I am not new to the game.

I told the salesman that I wanted to buy a 2011 Street Glide with the 103" option in Denim Black. He said, "great" he checked his inventory and after learning that a Denim Black wouldn't come in until late November he proceeded to try to sell me Vivid Black. Nothing against Vivid Black but I clearly knew what I wanted. He did a long pitch on how Harley hasn't yet "admitted" all the problems with the Denim Black and how I wouldn't be happy with the color and that it will turn gray in less than a year. He said that Harley wont warranty the color and that they made a HUGE mistake and that he cant sell anything denim.

I was put off by his lame/see-thru pitch that I walked away. He coulda easily taken my deposit but almost made me question my decision to the point that I was put-off.

These are tough times for all......bikes are a luxury and I was shocked that he tried to make an immediate sale over deferring a definite sale?!?!?!

Just wanted to vent.....sorry.

I like Denim Black....it's not for everyone but I like it!
Good for you!

Old 09-03-2010, 05:49 PM
KutenFLHX
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

That sucks. My dealer never would have done that. I went in knowing exactly what I wanted, they did a search (same owner has 2 dealerships near me), and found the one I wanted was coming in a few days. Your dealer should have been happy to take your money, place your order, and get you the bike you want (and the additional accessories which will result down the line).

Old 09-03-2010, 05:51 PM
TORQUEY
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 175 Likes on 127 Posts

The salesman earned his lack of commission.

Old 09-03-2010, 05:56 PM
Retrop
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 127 Likes on 84 Posts

What ever happened to dealer transfers. You tell your dealer what you want. If they don't have it they get on the computer to see "who" has it. If it is close by, they go get it. Next day you have your bike.

Old 09-03-2010, 06:00 PM
mickymoto
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

salesman suck!!, all they are after is the $$

Quick Reply: Salesman made me walk away...