Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Salesman made me walk away...

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2010, 08:52 AM
dirtracin23
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

And when the Denim SG comes in that same salesman will be extolling all the positives of the denim finish to some other dude that walks in wanting a Vivid Black one.

Denim finish is, by far, the easiest finish to clean and maintain that I have ever owned. The only negatives are, as pointed out earlier, that you can't buff out scatches or touch up chips.

Old 09-03-2010, 09:00 AM
BlackPearl#1
Stellar HDF Member
Received 126 Likes on 113 Posts
Default Sales people...

I live in a pretty remote part of western WI (ya know, where most are on a first name basis) and am VERY thankful that our local dealer is GREAT. No salesmen vultures gliding around waiting for the next number. Matter of fact, some days there are 3 or 4 people, usually repeat buyers waiting to get into the office to talk numbers or buy a bike, and after being thru the process at a great dealership, I can say it was honestly worth every minute. Never settle for a second choice!!! Best of luck with your purchase and welcome to HDF...

Old 09-03-2010, 09:27 AM
WolfDog
Road Master

Can you say DA!
Welcome to the board.

I thinking you should just shop around, but you allready are probably doing that..

What an idiot.........

do these work on quotas to keep their $8.00 and hour job or what?

Old 09-03-2010, 09:35 AM
drumster
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have an 08 Pewter Denim. I love the Denim look and wouldn't buy anything else so I understand what you mean. I wash it all the time (no wax of course). I was told that continual rubbing will fade/wear out the spot you rub on (Like the bottom of the tank where the jeans may rub against it). I have a spot on the side cover where the hard bag rubbed against it and wore the paint off completely (my fault I messed up when I put the bags back on after working on it). Other than that after 30,000 miles its still the same as when I bought it.

Don't settle for one your not 100% sure of.

Ride Safe!

Old 09-03-2010, 09:36 AM
shortride
Ultimate HDF Member

Most of the salesmen are doing what they have been instructed to do. Don't forget they are there to sell motorcycles. I have experienced salesmen that didn’t have much of a personality much less the demeanor you would expect from a so called professional salesperson.

Old 09-03-2010, 09:39 AM
Pagan48
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

When I went to buy my 48, they only had a silver one on the floor. Told the Salesman I wanted a black one and after trying to convince me that he really liked the silver one, it was the most popular etc. HE called around to other dealers and found one for me. The Dealer picked it up from the other dealer that day (I guess they have some agreement between them to trade off or if they don't have one to trade off they pay each other a small fee) and I picked it up the next morning.

Old 09-03-2010, 09:48 AM
"Dutch"
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

In this current economy, don't blame the salesmen for attempting to persuade you into another color. He is just trying to feed his family today not next month. I would not get too upset, just hold your ground for what you want. It is a buyers market when it comes to purchasing a Harley Davidson motorcycles. BTW I love the look of the demin black.

Old 09-03-2010, 10:27 AM
Ricbo
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I really like the denim. Good luck on getting it.

Old 09-03-2010, 10:40 AM
todd-67
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3,407 Likes on 1,593 Posts

The denim does have issues if it is rubbing on something like the stock seats where it will turn shinny overall this is the easiest finish to take care of on any bike that I have owned.

Old 09-03-2010, 11:13 AM
2011 Road Glide Ultra
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

[QUOTE=Finnster1;7233520].... I was shocked that he tried to make an immediate sale over deferring a definite sale?!?!?!

[QUOTE]

There is no such thing as a definite deferred sale if you are a commission salesperson. Deferred sales fall apart for lots of reasons - delays in shipping, competitor meets/beats deal with in-stock bike, buyer's remourse/change in circumstances....the list is endless. Add the possibility that the salesman won't even be employed there by the time the bike arrives, and the guy can get pretty desperate to close the deal.

That said, it's no excuse. He could have pulled a list and attempted to dealer trade for what you wanted. Knocking your choice is a tactic of the very lazy. I would have asked for the sales manager.....

Quick Reply: Salesman made me walk away...