Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Salesman made me walk away...

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2010, 09:50 PM
jaxbusa
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Welcome. Nothing wrong with venting. About a year and a half ago I was at my local dealer inquiring about the trade in value of my Wide glide for touring model. At the time it was one year old with about 3500 miles. He acted like he was looking through the value book. I say "act" because he found the page so fast and no one could have done it that fast. I am pretty sure he just opened up the book and said the first low number that came to mind. I left and drove many miles to a dealer that wanted to sell a bike. I am glad you left. The funny thing is that the next guy that walks in there will listen to garbage and buy into it.

Old 09-02-2010, 09:52 PM
j1mmy
Elite HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

7 years ago i had a buddy that saved cash to buy a heritage, he went after work to pick one out.he was a service tech at anouther bike shop so he was dirty, but had 16k in his pockets,, after an hour of trying to get a salesmans attention. he was told he wouldnt be able to afford the bike he wanted.. went to anouther dealership,had his bike a day later..

Old 09-02-2010, 09:58 PM
91FLSTC
Advanced
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

About a month ago I went to a nearby dealer whose salesperson had been calling me periodlically for quite some time. That particular salesaperson was not there the day I arrived but I had a nice conversation with the sales manager. Bottom line is that the salesmanager refused to tell me how much it would cost with my trade in to buy a new Ultra Limited instead preferring to have me bring him a price to beat.
Tomorrow I pick up my new Ultra Limted from someone else.

Old 09-02-2010, 10:01 PM
thereal142
Road Captain
Received 37 Likes on 27 Posts

I have to believe if you told him to just STFU about the Vivid Black he would have taken the hint. If you stand there and nod your head at his drivel, though, he will always continue to drivel. If it was me, I would have walked over to one of his cosalesmen and caught his ear. The salesman is there for YOU. If you don't like his manners, fire him!!!

Old 09-02-2010, 10:04 PM
T-Dub
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome to the forum. The bike you are getting is the bike I want. I have the denim black fat bob. I have had it since Aug.8, 2009. It's not grey. It's still just as black as it was when I bought it. Except for the pinstriping of course. the Street glide 103 denim is just a bad *** bike.

Old 09-02-2010, 10:05 PM
BBStacker
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Grizzx2
You wanted the Black Denim and I don't blame you one bit. It's a very good choice. Your bike will come along soon enough. Mine did.

Welcome to the HDF

Dammit Grizz!!!! Spent enough time looking at your avatar I had to go back and reread the OP!

Welcome to our happy haunting grounds.

Don't settle for less than you want. The sales goober isn't buying it you are and you will be making the payments.

Old 09-02-2010, 10:12 PM
overhead
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by panhead49
Well, actually , what is the track record for the denim finsihes? Usually soft finishes are hard to clean, etc . But they have been out there for a while now, so how do they hold up ?
I have a 2007 Pacific Blue Denim Street Bob that I have put 20,000 miles on. The paint is not at all hard to clean, I just use windex and a soft rag. If it gets real dirty I wash it just like I would a car.

My opinion and experience is it scratches a little easier than a standard finish, and as has been mentioned you cannot buff the scratches out. The interesting thing is what the paint is doing where my knees hit the tank. It is almost polishing and has a little gloss to it where my knees rub. It is not real noticeable at this point, but I will be interested to see how it looks in another 20,000 miles.

I am not obsessive about scratches or keeping the bike looking brand new, I ride in all kinds of weather and do not wash it as often as I should so your mileage may vary. I would buy a bike with a denim finish again without thinking twice, I like it.

Old 09-02-2010, 10:24 PM
WI Bob
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome Fin.

That sales dude must have been a rookie. Did he really think he could talk a seasoned HD rider into something he didn't want?

Glad you walked out.

Old 09-02-2010, 10:28 PM
JWitz
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Shop on the Internet...you'll find what you want..

Old 09-02-2010, 10:41 PM
Grizzx2
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by BBStacker
Dammit Grizz!!!! Spent enough time looking at your avatar I had to go back and reread the OP!

LMBFAO Your Welcome BB

Quick Reply: Salesman made me walk away...