Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Lower fairings on Street Glide
Looks awsome
53.49%
Looks Ok
26.74%
Looks like crap
16.28%
undecided
3.49%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

Street Glide with lower fairings

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2010 | 08:45 PM
KutenFLHX
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Shakeydeal
I agree with Primo. To me, the SG is all about sleek and stripped. No tour packs, luggage racks, lower fairings or 12" windshields for me. Hell, I even took off the highway bars because I like the bike with even less "crap" on it.

Shakey
I plan to get some for my SG, but will only be using them when the weather gets cold to help keep my legs warmer. I too like the sleek look of the SG without the lowers, but sometimes it is nice to be able to keep the cold wind off later in the riding season.

Old 10-20-2010 | 08:50 PM
bald1der
Road Warrior

I say they're ok. lol Only cause I wish I had them..........

Old 10-20-2010 | 09:52 PM
Sublime1
Cruiser

Originally Posted by bald1der
i say they're ok. Lol only cause i wish i had them..........

this +100

Old 10-20-2010 | 10:17 PM
Gruamach
Road Warrior

Personal opinion: the more minimalist look is one of the things that sets the SG aside from the other Glides.
Putting lower fairings on pretty much ruins that effect. Still looks nice, for sure, but makes it look like an Ultra with the trunk taken off more so than a Street Glide.

But then, the first thing I did when I got my SG home was take the engine guard off, so that pretty much explains my anti-legfairing bias.

Though to be honest, I had no problem with them until I took a ride on an Ultra in 90+ degree heat one day....within the first mile or so my legs where cooking because of the lack of air flow. And that was with the vents open. Pretty much ruined any positive opinion I had of the things.

Old 11-01-2010 | 07:16 PM
MoChrome
Tourer

Originally Posted by toothdocthc
Have them ordered for my 2011 sedona orange street glide. Should be in a couple more weeks(3 weeks total they said) \.
Have you received your lowers yet? Any pics?

I just put a deposit down on a Seodna Orange SG and am thinking about going ahead and ordering the lowers and maybe a painted inner fairing.

Old 11-01-2010 | 08:31 PM
hd_rolling
Supporter
Veteran: Army

I'm a big fan of the lowers on a Street Glide and there on my list of things to get. I'll most likely get the detachable kit even though they will probably stay on most of the time. They just make the bike look more finished to me.

Old 11-01-2010 | 09:10 PM
hotshot
Tourer

Ahhhh.... love my lowers in the cold and wet, hate them in the hot MS summers. I've had my bike through 2 summers, finally this summer I took the lowers off during the 100 degree days. Man, what a difference in cooling ! Off the hook difference..... but also with that, you increase wind buffetting and wind noise.

When it hits the century mark, they will come off ... but all in all, I like my lowers.

Now that I diverted the thread, I like them ok on the SG's. Not sure I would put them on a SG, if I had one... but hey, make that bike yours. Do what makes you feel good ! They do serve a purpose.... and they work.... just sometimes the heat here in Mississippi, wins.

Old 11-09-2010 | 08:56 PM
stonesmith
Cruiser
Default lowers on SG

Tourpak only on trips but lowers never come off

Attached Thumbnails Street Glide with lower fairings-110804-stonesmith-albums-15876-pics-picture74860-springride-009.jpg  
Old 11-09-2010 | 09:13 PM
Saint666
Tourer
Thumbs up

I love them,.!

Attached Thumbnails Street Glide with lower fairings-moto.jpg  
Old 11-09-2010 | 10:48 PM
CT-Bagger
Road Master

They look great

Quick Reply: Street Glide with lower fairings