Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Lower fairings on Street Glide
Looks awsome
53.49%
Looks Ok
26.74%
Looks like crap
16.28%
undecided
3.49%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

Street Glide with lower fairings

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2010 | 03:04 PM
NC Pirate
Road Master

I love mine.

Old 09-02-2010 | 03:06 PM
pit1600
Outstanding HDF Member

I have it since i got my Ultra. Thought a lot to get rid of the passing lamps, never for the lowers

Old 09-02-2010 | 03:16 PM
mimo
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by KING'S RIDE
i think they look dope, especially with some spreakers in them. i have been thinking about putting sounds on my King, and would deffinaetly add a set of them with 5 1/4's (or 6 1/2's, can't remember which ones fit) to them.
+1 they look ok and if you tuck a set of 6.5" (you can fit either 5.25" or 6.5") coaxial speakers...

Mimo.

Old 09-02-2010 | 03:33 PM
mimo
Extreme HDF Member

Check out the "Loud Lowers" here:

http://www.loudlids.com/products.html

Mimo.

Old 09-02-2010 | 03:34 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member

I bought the vented lowers in Feb. '08 with the quick-detach kit, but have yet to remove them, so I wasted the $80 for the kit. Anyway, they remove easy enough without the extra-cost kit, so unless you'll be removing them every week I wouldn't waste your money.

They keep your legs warmer in winter, help keep rain off your legs and feet (though not in a downpour), reduce airflow from below and thus reduce noise, don't make much difference with heat during summer, and make the bike run marginally cooler when moving (vents open). The downside is that they may increase engine heat while stationary because they trap air (HD's claim), although I haven't noticed this on mine. Storage is not a big virtue of lowers, as the glove box is small and the snaps often hard to negotiate. Lockable doors are available but expensive, and since I'm not using the space I'm considering installing two speakers in place of the glove boxes (Hogtunes kit).

Last edited by iclick; 09-02-2010 at 03:46 PM.
Old 09-02-2010 | 03:53 PM
toothdocthc
Account Deactivated At Users Request

Originally Posted by iclick
bought the vented lowers in Feb. '08 with the quick-detach kit, but have yet to remove them, so I wasted the $80 for the kit. Anyway, they remove easy enough without the extra-cost kit, so unless you'll be removing them every week, don't waste your money, IMO.

They keep your legs warmer in winter, help keep rain off your legs and feet (though not in a downpour), reduce airflow from below and thus reduced noise, don't make much difference with heat during summer, and make the bike run marginally cooler when moving (vents open). The downside is that they may increase engine heat while stationary because they trap air (HD's claim), although I haven't noticed this on mine. Storage is not a big virtue of lowers, as the glove box is small and the snaps often hard to negotiate. Lockable doors are available but expensive, and since I'm not using the space I'm considering installing two speakers in place of the glove boxes (Hogtunes kit).
Have them ordered for my 2011 sedona orange street glide. Should be in a couple more weeks(3 weeks total they said) The guys at my dealer said also not to get the quick disconnect because they are vented and they never remove theirs ever. I knew I was gonna get some after seeing the scarlet red road glide last year with them. They looked awesome. I had the $45 soft lowers for a 09 street glide-waste of money imho. Had to cut them to make room for highway pegs and they looked like dog doo.

Old 09-02-2010 | 05:24 PM
IzzoQuazzo
Retired Admin
Veteran: Army

Definitely like them. Never take them off. Especially since there are speakers in them.

Old 09-02-2010 | 06:09 PM
Primo
Ultimate HDF Member

I'll be the first detractor.

Bought my SG the first year they came out in '06.

I bought the SG for what it didn't have. I prefer the sleeker, less-is-more look.

It's obviously up to the individual rider/owner but for me the lowers take away from the minimal look of the Street Glide.

If you disagree, that's fine. I just answered the OP's request for opinions.

Old 09-02-2010 | 06:13 PM
tbills66
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Primo
I'll be the first detractor.

Bought my SG the first year they came out in '06.

I bought the SG for what it didn't have. I prefer the sleeker, less-is-more look.

It's obviously up to the individual rider/owner but for me the lowers take away from the minimal look of the Street Glide.

If you disagree, that's fine. I just answered the OP's request for opinions.
Same here.

If you want lowers buy an Ultra.

Old 09-02-2010 | 07:00 PM
mattman22033
Road Warrior

My local dealer has a 2011 CVO SG...has lowers...with factory speakers in the lowers and tweeters in the fairing. It looked awesome and sounded real good.

Quick Reply: Street Glide with lower fairings