Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Those that have dropped their bikes and those that will.....

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2006, 01:19 PM
captainhawg
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Those that have dropped their bikes and those that will.....

My 6 year old g-daughter joined the crash club Sunday. She didnt see a wire fence and tried to go thru it. She went to E.R. and got 7 stitches. She is ready to get back on it now.

Old 09-08-2006, 01:20 PM
anubisss
Banned
Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

It's personal experience for most of us i'd say. I thought that when I first heard it too, but just wait and see. When a car pulls out in front of you or something. I knew my reflexes were razor sharp, but that still couldn't change the poor behavior of other drivers on the road.

Old 09-08-2006, 01:44 PM
FirstHarley
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Had not dropped one in 35 years.....until I got my new HD.Sitting at a fairly busy intersection and wife was turned around to the left messing with the I/C cord and I was adjusting the right hand air vent.When I sat up straight,gravity took affect and over to the left the bike went.People behind us must have thought we were like laural and hardy getting off the bike and standing it back up!.Scratched the crash bar and dented my pride.........JerryB.

Old 09-08-2006, 01:56 PM
suicide441
Cruiser

I've dropped every one I'v owned. CB750 Hondas were not made to chase rabbits across the prarie in Northern Montana.

Old 09-08-2006, 02:00 PM
ILSRWY6
Cruiser

As a fellow pilot and biker, I prefer not to think about it. With 1,000 plus hours in a retract and 25 plus years on a bike, I haven't damaged the chrome yet....... knock on wood

Old 09-08-2006, 02:06 PM
petemac
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Now I knew ILSRWY6 had to be a pilot!

Old 09-08-2006, 02:27 PM
ApeKing
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

I think dropping your bike is the same thing as a so called accidental misfire of a gun. It isnt accidental it is negligent. ALL the stories of dropped bikes usualy contain the phrase "I wasnt paying attention" or something to that effect. Remain diligent at ALL times especialy when "just moving it in the shop" or in parking lots. If youre alert at all times and practice the techniques you know how to do then I see no reason that everyone has to drop their bike at some point. Ive never dropped mine and until it happens I will say Im not gonna if I have anything to say about it, Because of course I DO [8D]

Old 09-08-2006, 02:34 PM
wldhogn
Tourer

ORIGINAL: MACK

IT IS REALITY. IF YOU RIDE LONG ENOUGH YOU WILL FALL. I MANAGED TO AVOID IT FOR OVER 30 YEARS THEN ONE DAY, BAM.
Same here Mack .. I've been riding a motorcycle since I was 21 years old (almost 64 now) and always owned one since. I had never been down on the street until January 6, 2003 when some drunken homeless dude stepped out in front of my wife and I on the freeway doing 65mph .. needless to say that ended my 43 year streak. It was a freak accident but nonetheless it put us out of commission for 6 months. No matter how long you've been riding or how great a rider you are (or think you are), you can not control what others do (vehicles or peds) so you have to ride like my Dad taught me to drive .. defensively, ride like everyone on the road is crazy and out to get you.

Old 09-08-2006, 03:40 PM
Viejo
Cruiser

37 years in the air (9800 hours) never a gear up landing. 44 years riding and I just dropped my 06 ultra (no damage). Sitting still with the wheel turned a little left and the wife was adjusting her IC plug. Soft landing but the gear was down.

Old 09-08-2006, 03:42 PM
98kingflh
Cruiser

"The first rule of "Drop Club" is we DON"T talk about "Drop Club" "

Ain't that the truth, it will come some time. I had a ride this past weekend with the old lady on board and thought it was going to happen twice. I ride with the rear floorboards off until she comes along so it changes my foot placement and wouldn't you know it, stopping on a off camber hill with loose gracel under my left foot, if it wasn't for the fact I always shift into first when stopped/stopping and knowing when and where to point the front end we would have joined the club. As it was it scared the S** out of her until she realized what had been avoided..And the gravel wasn't evident until you where right on top of it..Another learning lesson for me..again..

Quick Reply: Those that have dropped their bikes and those that will.....