Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Flag pole question

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2010 | 06:43 PM
HOG_0308
|
Road Warrior
Default Flag pole question

Hey guys, I have a 08 Ultra Classic. I want to add two flags to my scooter. A HOG Chapter and a US Flag. My issue is, I don't have a rack on the tour pack and I don't want to use one of those plastic flagpole holders, which go between the lid and the base. I heard they scratch the he11 out of the tour pack. I was wonder does anyone make a bracket which attaches under the tour pack and comes out to bolt poles to, or am I going to manufacturing one myself?

Thanks

Old 09-01-2010 | 06:59 PM
Harpoonman
Club Member

Originally Posted by HOG_0308
Hey guys, I have a 08 Ultra Classic. I want to add two flags to my scooter. A HOG Chapter and a US Flag. My issue is, I don't have a rack on the tour pack and I don't want to use one of those plastic flagpole holders, which go between the lid and the base. I heard they scratch the he11 out of the tour pack. I was wonder does anyone make a bracket which attaches under the tour pack and comes out to bolt poles to, or am I going to manufacturing one myself?

Thanks
I guess that all depends on how BIG a flag you're talking about.
I don't have any on mine yet, but I've been thinking about one of the ones on this page http://www.kuryakyn.com/index.cfm/go...ID/14/scID/137

I was on a support the tropps fundraiser ride this past weekend, and saw a couple of the plastic ones, hanging out the rear of the guys' tour paks... looked better than I expected.... I didn't see any damage. the flags were above the lid, and one guy even had a luggage rack, and the flag was above it.

Old 09-01-2010 | 07:00 PM
Dionicio
Outstanding HDF Member

ProPad.com makes them thaT attach to the saddlebag guards

Old 09-01-2010 | 07:04 PM
Davepa
Cruiser

I purchased from http://www.rumblingpride.com/ and am happy with them. Ordered the combo kit which mounts using the antennas but the other mounts you have asked about are available. No fear of scratching etc.

If you order a combo the flags are discounted and come with a free lifetime replacement. If you call they will send some better pics of their product.

Good luck Dave

Old 09-01-2010 | 09:47 PM
tek-noid
Intermediate

I have no experience with this company/products, but have this link saved for when flags bubble up on my list. Might be something here for you.

http://www.americanmotorcycleaccesso...cts.asp?cat=61

Old 09-01-2010 | 11:08 PM
Jim C
Advanced

Originally Posted by Dionicio
ProPad.com makes them thaT attach to the saddlebag guards
After the HD flags almost blew off my tour pack the first time I used them, I got these. I meant to get the ones for the tour pack, but picked up the ones for the saddle bags by mistake. Turns out I like these ones any way. Keeps the flags down and out of the way, don't get beat up as bad on the highway, and can still detach the tour pack and still have my flags.

Old 09-02-2010 | 07:27 AM
cdestuck
Supporter
Veteran: Marine Corp
Supporter

Also did the Rumbling Pride ones. Called antenna mounts if I'm correct. One thing though, if you do go with these, use blue locktite on your antennas when putting them back on. The wind playing with the flags kept loosening up my antennas. All is well after the locktite

Old 09-02-2010 | 07:50 AM
TheShrink
Road Warrior

These are the mounts from Rumbling Pride and have been on for 3 years, same flags too. No problems!

EDIT
The American Flag is in the center now. This is an old picture and I was corrected on placement a long time ago.

Attached Thumbnails Flag pole question-flags1.jpg   Flag pole question-flags2.jpg   Flag pole question-flags3.jpg  

Last edited by TheShrink; 09-02-2010 at 07:52 AM.
Old 09-04-2010 | 10:12 AM
HOG_0308
|
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by TheShrink
These are the mounts from Rumbling Pride and have been on for 3 years, same flags too. No problems!

EDIT
The American Flag is in the center now. This is an old picture and I was corrected on placement a long time ago.
what im looking for thanks Shrink

Old 09-04-2010 | 12:33 PM
TheShrink
Road Warrior

You got it Bro!

Quick Reply: Flag pole question