Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Deals Gap and surrounding areas

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2010, 10:05 AM
StonerGlide
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sgdiesel
Great info here, covers a lot of what I was interested in. Are these lodgings in dry areas?
Ironhorse Lodge area is dry county and Cherokee itself is dry area but there is lubrication to be had within short rides of both. Ask desk person where you end up staying as you wouldn't be the first to ask!!
You can purchase in Maggie Valley area and in Bryson City. Keep in mind that beer and wine you can get most anywhere but hard stuff you have to go to a "state store".

Old 09-02-2010, 10:18 AM
StonerGlide
Road Master

Originally Posted by darrinfish
Great info cant wait to go. Looks like it will be the perfect time of year!!!
darrinfish, it's possible I could be talked into at least one if not two day rides around that area with ya. Wife and I are leaving for Thunder Beach on the 29th but I don't think we have any plans for that weekend. Will have to check and get with ya.
If you are gonna stay in Robbinsville then Wayah Rd is a must and real close, not far South of the city off of Hwy 74 and you could make a loop out of that donw to Highlands and then back up part of 28.

Old 09-02-2010, 11:11 AM
02ULTRA
Road Captain

Originally Posted by ChristoHD
What timing for this thread! Planning a 4 day trip to this area, this month or in Oct. GREAT info here, THANK YOU to those who have contributed!

The mad maps are cool, so I am trying to find the "smoky mtns" no listing. I downloaded the iPhone map app, and I will also get the Garmin maps too, very cool.

The waterfall ride REALLY peaked my interest as well.

Thanks Darrinfish for starting this thread!
Cristo,

Here is the direct link to the Smoky Mountains Mad Map http://www.madmaps.com/roadtrips/pro...-KY-TN-GA-map/ , it is listed as their top seller.

BTW, I will be up there for 3-4 days October 8-11 if you are interested in joining a group ride. This is an annual trip I do with a group of friends.

Old 09-02-2010, 11:59 AM
DocDyna
Cruiser
Default Headed out this Sat the 4th

So far 6 of us are leaving C Ky this Sat morning at 7am. Headed down through the tunnel at Cumb Gap then to Hot Springs and then across 209 into Maggie Valley. Sunday morning headed back around the BR Prkwy to 215 then south to 64 at Rosman. Then west to Moonshiner 28 at Highlands. Up 28 then over to Robbinsville. Monday doing the Cherohala then over to Oak Ridge area and hit a northbound leg of the Devil's Triangle then on hwy 27 back into Ky and home. If anyone wants to tag along or meet up somewhere on the route, just PM me, I will check before and during ride to see if any one is interested.

Old 09-02-2010, 12:13 PM
TexasBowhunter
Road Warrior
Received 27 Likes on 10 Posts

subscribed

Old 09-02-2010, 12:38 PM
ChristoHD
Road Warrior
Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by 02ULTRA
Cristo,

Here is the direct link to the Smoky Mountains Mad Map http://www.madmaps.com/roadtrips/pro...-KY-TN-GA-map/ , it is listed as their top seller.

BTW, I will be up there for 3-4 days October 8-11 if you are interested in joining a group ride. This is an annual trip I do with a group of friends.
02Ultra,
First - thank you for the link!! I did eventually find this for the Garmin, they just did not have one for the iPhone - but that is AOK, since the Garmin map is what I really need and want - so perfecto!

2nd - That is the other time option we are considering going and more than likely the time we will go - and so YES - would love to hook up and ride!! Thank you for the offer - very nice of you!

Old 09-02-2010, 08:43 PM
sgdiesel
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by StonerGlide
Ironhorse Lodge area is dry county and Cherokee itself is dry area but there is lubrication to be had within short rides of both. Ask desk person where you end up staying as you wouldn't be the first to ask!!
You can purchase in Maggie Valley area and in Bryson City. Keep in mind that beer and wine you can get most anywhere but hard stuff you have to go to a "state store".
Beer and wine is all that is required, thanks for the info. I am sure we will figure it out, but getting a heads up is always useful!

Old 09-02-2010, 09:03 PM
Jukebox
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The wife and I didi that trip last summer. We stayed in the Smoke Tree Lodge in Boone N.C. I recomend it highly.

Old 09-02-2010, 09:54 PM
rsavage
Tourer

Lots of great small roads that get you up the mountains to the BRP. 151 in west Asheville area and 110/215 in the Canton NC area (between Asheville and Maggie Valley. If you have a day, go see Biltmore in Asheville. It is astounding and worth the $55/head admission. It takes a whole day but will make big wife points and you will enjoy it too.
My wife and I did the BRP north and south out of Asheville area a week or so ago. Absolutely superb scenery and riding.

Old 09-02-2010, 10:19 PM
MdTIGwelder
Advanced

great thread,subscribed.

Quick Reply: Deals Gap and surrounding areas