Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Deals Gap and surrounding areas

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2010, 03:33 PM
Ronp42
Account Retired
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Another really cool ride is 209 from Maggie Valley up the mtn to Hot Springs NC.

Anybody that plans to ride much around that area should buy the book Motor Cycle Adventures in the Southern Appalachians ( Book 2 ) by Hawk Hagebak It covers Asheville, NC. The Blue Ridge Parkway and NC High Country. Like wayah rd. around the Franklin Loop. Theres lot's of good riding off the parkway you wouldn't know about. He also has Book 1 that covers North Georgia, Eastern Tennessee and western NC.

Old 09-01-2010, 08:08 PM
gmurdock
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There are a bunch of us meeting in Pigeon Forge September 19th - 24th, 2010 we are staying at the Vacation Lodge. if you get a chance stop by. A local guy has 4 different routes for us to ride Mon, Tue, Thru,& Fri

Usually we do the dragon on Monday. Last year my brother from Maryland & I just road some of his routes & made up spme of our own.

Old 09-01-2010, 08:13 PM
02ULTRA
Road Captain

Wheels Through Time is a must see, Cherohala is a great ride. I would highly recommend you buy the Mad Maps "Smoky Mountains" map and follow any and all of those routes if time allows.

http://www.madmaps.com/

Old 09-01-2010, 08:32 PM
Captain Itch
Sponsor
Received 616 Likes on 332 Posts

Originally Posted by 02ULTRA
Wheels Through Time is a must see, Cherohala is a great ride. I would highly recommend you buy the Mad Maps "Smoky Mountains" map and follow any and all of those routes if time allows.

Mad maps..is a great way to go..carry it every where

Old 09-01-2010, 08:51 PM
103Eagle
Road Master
Received 111 Likes on 79 Posts

Stayed at Johathan Creek in Maggie Valley few years back, found out about a ride that went to a bunch of waterfalls, was worth the trip. Here is a link that may help you out. We got a route sheet from the hotel but most if not all of the waterfalls are listed on this link. Enjoy! Also check out Wyah Road in the deals area.

http://www.holidaymotel.net/W.N.C.%20Waterworks.htm

and try this one

http://www.maggievalleyinn.com/html/...rs_-_text.html

Last edited by 103Eagle; 09-01-2010 at 08:55 PM.
Old 09-01-2010, 09:20 PM
darrinfish
Cruiser

Figures I'm gonna be off just a couple of days. We are leaving Illinois on the 23 and wont be in the area till the afternoon of the 24th. We are coming into Robbinsville and then spreading out from there. If it looks like you will be staying longer let me know.

Originally Posted by gmurdock
There are a bunch of us meeting in Pigeon Forge September 19th - 24th, 2010 we are staying at the Vacation Lodge. if you get a chance stop by. A local guy has 4 different routes for us to ride Mon, Tue, Thru,& Fri

Usually we do the dragon on Monday. Last year my brother from Maryland & I just road some of his routes & made up spme of our own.

Old 09-01-2010, 09:22 PM
ChristoHD
Road Warrior
Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by 02ULTRA

What timing for this thread! Planning a 4 day trip to this area, this month or in Oct. GREAT info here, THANK YOU to those who have contributed!

The mad maps are cool, so I am trying to find the "smoky mtns" no listing. I downloaded the iPhone map app, and I will also get the Garmin maps too, very cool.

The waterfall ride REALLY peaked my interest as well.

Thanks Darrinfish for starting this thread!

Last edited by ChristoHD; 09-01-2010 at 09:29 PM. Reason: Wrong name mentioned
Old 09-01-2010, 10:05 PM
raked08train
5th Gear

Originally Posted by gmurdock

Im pretty sure thats the weekend for the fall rally in Maggie Vally NC. You might want to ride that way one day and check it out. Also i think that is the same week as the fall Rod Run in Pigeon Forge. If it is you better get out early and come back late cause the traffic will burn you up. It will take about 1-2 hrs just to make one lap in Pigeon Forge while everybody is there. Easily over a couple thousand hotrods will be in town that weekend if the weather is good. Just a heads up.

Scratch that your coming in on Sunday and thats when everybody will be leaving so your good.lol

Old 09-01-2010, 10:51 PM
darrinfish
Cruiser

Great info cant wait to go. Looks like it will be the perfect time of year!!!

Old 09-02-2010, 06:59 AM
audettd
Tourer

Love this area of the country....lots of great riding. 1+ on the BRP from Asheville to Cherokee....it was my favorite part of the BRP. Lots of tunnels and twisty turns. Just take your time and enjoy the ride..that's what its all about!

Quick Reply: Deals Gap and surrounding areas