Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LED light suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2010, 09:03 AM
softtailrider
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question LED light suggestions

Thinking of installing LED accent lights on my bike to light up the engine, rear suspension, etc,. Anyone have any suggestions on which brand? Considering swint because they are susposed to be some of the brightest and easy to install.

Last edited by softtailrider; 08-29-2010 at 01:03 PM.
Old 08-29-2010, 09:48 AM
roadking2000
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 127 Likes on 100 Posts

All I can tell you is that I put Kuryakyn silver bullets on my bike and I couldn't be more pleased. They are about twice as bright as stock and were pretty easy to install. Some configurations of the Silver Bullets come either halogen or LED. I got LED. Their customer service was very helpful during installation. I had a minor problem with one of them and they were very good with offering a couple of suggestions on how to solve the issue. They told me to call back and let them know which suggestion resolved the issue, or if I needed further assistance. The Silver Bullets look great, and work great. That's my 2 cents.

Old 08-29-2010, 10:35 AM
dansflhti
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 50 Likes on 34 Posts

For 2011 HD has LED signal lights in the P&A section of the website.They are not available until Sept,but I'll be looking at them as soon as they come out.It says that they can be hooked up in the Run/Brake/Turn configuration.I'll probably not wire them for the run mode.

Old 08-29-2010, 10:35 AM
Bdhouse61
Road Captain
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by softtailrider
Thinking of installing LED lights on my bike. Anyone have any suggestions on which brand? Considering swint because they are susposed to be some of the brightest and easy to install.
if you're talking about led lights for show or glow...then YES swint led's are some of the best. I had 14 pods on my last ride....never had 1 problem with anything from that company and they are Made in the USA....unlike Kuryakyn's.
Another company I have heard good reports about is www.boogey.com lights.

Old 08-29-2010, 10:39 AM
softtailrider
Intermediate

Thanks for the reply. What I,m looking for are accent lights to light up the engine, etc.

Old 08-29-2010, 12:40 PM
fastbagger
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

I just had LED front/rear directionals and tail light installed while at Sturgis by custom dynamics. Top notch. They are brighter than stock and use about 10% of the power. I also had the sensor installed that makes the rear brake light blink 3 times than go solid red. Usually after my bike is at operating temperature and I am sitting at a red light my volt meter would be between 12-14 when I have the brakes on. After the LED install my volt meter is always on 14. Huge difference.

www.customdynamics.com

Old 08-29-2010, 06:20 PM
Bdhouse61
Road Captain
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Cool

APPARENTLY NOBODY READ THE INITIAL THREAD AS TO WHAT HE WAS LOOKING FOR....LED ACCENT LIGHTS NOT TURN SIGNALS, TAILLIGHTS, ETC.....

Old 08-29-2010, 06:23 PM
GLACIERPEARL
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Engine and frame accent lights !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Not turn signal and headlights !!

Mine came from SWINT.COM...................

As usual, you get what you pay for. YMMV !!

Old 08-29-2010, 07:37 PM
09ultraclassicrider
Cruiser

I went to Advanced Auto and got mine. You can get 2 strips of 10 light pods for about $20. They have various colors. They also have various brands. Some of them are cut to size for various applications. They also have the single LED lights that I put in each guage cavity. I would post picture for you but I am in Iraq. Maybe I can talk my wife into taking a couple of pics and sending them to me to post for you. These lights were very easy to install. Clean the area with alcohol pads provided, apply with the 3M adhesive tape also provided.

Brian

Old 08-29-2010, 08:38 PM
RKC2009
Advanced

I used Rumbling pride. Had them put on in daytona this spring. I have not had any probs yet and they are fairly bright with different patterns and speeds. One other gut I ride with has them also and no probs yet. They do have a weblite to look at too.

Quick Reply: LED light suggestions