Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Unable to send a new Map into my PCV.

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2010, 06:48 PM
jimski
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Unable to send a new Map into my PCV.

I received a new Map from Jamie late this afternoon. After connecting my PCV to my computer, I could not send the new map into it. I got this message:

"Unable to send Map. The Device model number does not match the Map model number. Device#108 vs Map#299"

Unfortunately, I think that Fuelmoto is probably closed until Monday. So, I thought that maybe one of you have been down this road before and might be able to give me some direction. I searched the software and their website for help with this but didn't find this problem addressed. I was not able to change the Device model # to match the Map#.

Thanks for any helpful suggestions.

Old 08-27-2010, 07:01 PM
user 8373900
Banned
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Start the bike,then get the map you want, then send the map.
That was the gig for my PCIII. It might also have to come from the Power Commander map file, so if it's not saved in the map file do so and upload it from there instead of your desktop or documents folder.

Mark

Old 08-27-2010, 07:03 PM
SpiderPig
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 64 Likes on 52 Posts

Just a suggestion. Save your old map first!

Old 08-27-2010, 07:03 PM
nemick
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I'll bet there's someone at FuelMoto over the weekend.

Old 08-27-2010, 07:05 PM
rleggs
Tourer

Had problems with the dual map upload on my pcv. Turned out it ws an early version and needed an update. Called and was walked through the update on the powercommander website. Don't remember all the steps but it's avaliable by going directly to the powercommander website and clicking on the version update.

Old 08-27-2010, 07:05 PM
18BKLR
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Might have something to do with the way you saved it. Make sure you go to program files, PCV and put that map in the MAPs folder. Then when you open PCV you should be able to select it and send it. I haven't had your problem but I have tried to send a map that I didn't have saved in the right place and it gave me some trouble. Let us know what you figure out

Old 08-27-2010, 10:01 PM
jimski
Road Master

Originally Posted by 18BKLR
Might have something to do with the way you saved it. Make sure you go to program files, PCV and put that map in the MAPs folder. Then when you open PCV you should be able to select it and send it. I haven't had your problem but I have tried to send a map that I didn't have saved in the right place and it gave me some trouble. Let us know what you figure out
I did save it to the "maps" folder. I can select it, and open it. Just not send it. I still get the message I mentioned in the op.

Because this is the first time I'm doing this, I'm wondering, Do I need to remove the old map before I install a new one? Or, when you send a new map into the PCV does it overwrite/supersede the existing one?

Old 08-27-2010, 10:04 PM
18BKLR
Road Master

You could try checking the firmware and making sure that you have the updated version on your unit. I am sure you do. Check your connections and yes when you send a map it will over write whatever is on there. Maybe someone else will pipe in if we keep this towards the top. Seems to me it might be something with the software or a connection.

Old 08-27-2010, 10:26 PM
WI Bob
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jimski
I did save it to the "maps" folder. I can select it, and open it. Just not send it. I still get the message I mentioned in the op.

Because this is the first time I'm doing this, I'm wondering, Do I need to remove the old map before I install a new one? Or, when you send a new map into the PCV does it overwrite/supersede the existing one?
Jimski,

The new map does overwrite the old map with no special tricks.

Just curious, was your old map preloaded in the PCV when you got it?

I sent a PM
Bob

Old 08-27-2010, 10:36 PM
Prairie Boy
6th Gear

There is a new firm ware version available for the pcv, so try that first

Quick Reply: Unable to send a new Map into my PCV.