Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My Dyno Results. Cycle Doctor Costa Mesa CA

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2010, 05:40 PM
jasnusc
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default My Dyno Results. Cycle Doctor Costa Mesa CA

I am 100% satisfied with the results of my Dyno Tune and although it was a little expensive I think it was money well spent. This is my first time going to them and was referred to them by a family member.

Geoffrey, the Owner, was a Very Cool guy and great to work with.

By the time I showed up my bike was already set up, hooked up and he had completed some base runs on the Dyno. He was very cool and let me hang out and watch the whole process until he was done. I stood and watched him work non stop for about 3 hours and I know he had done some work before I arrived so the 4.0 hours I was charged seems totally reasonable.

I wrench pretty often but dont know much about Fuel Injection, Maps or Dynos so I will do my best to describe what he did.

He Did a few passes to get a printout of the curve using the Fuel Moto map I had installed. He manually adjusted each cell for both cylinders based on what he saw on the curve to get in the ballpark. He did another run and made more adjustments, did another made more etc. He got it very close and showed me the new curve and my power figures. He said that was the point that Most Dyno Shops Stop.

He spent at least another hour running the bike from 5500 ish rpms down to 1000 rpms dropping 100 rpms at a time and holding it there for a min or two while he made adjustments to the corrosponding cells to get the AFR just right which was showing on the screen in front of him. He did this 100 RPM's at a time on both the Front and Rear Cylinder. It seemed like it took forever.

He did another set of Full passes made some more adjustments than went on a test ride.

He was very respectful of Fuel Moto and said there map was pretty good but showed me in detail the spikes and variations and lean spots on the screen that map was causing. He said every bike is different and its very difficult to use a canned map. He said he has seen "Canned Maps" that were much worse.

He said he could have tweaked it more to show more horsepower and torque but that he wasnt going for Wide Open Throttle power he was making the power at the RPM's I would be riding the bike at.

I wanted it to be rideable and understand this printout doesnt show everything but compared to other posted sheets the final numbers looked good to me.

Im sure i screwed up the explination of what he did but I thought I would try.

I took the LONG way home and put about 200 miles on it and am Very Happy with the results. Hard to describe in words but I guess I would say it feels like it has 10% More Power but Rides 20% Better? The power seems smooth the whole way through the band.

Their website info is visible in the attached image so you can look them up if you are interested.

2009 Harley Streetglide
SE Slip On Mufflers
Non California Non CAT Stock Header
SE Intake with K&N Filter

75.60 Horse Power
86.03 Torque

Old 08-28-2010, 07:59 AM
jasnusc
Road Master
Old 08-28-2010, 09:13 AM
nemick
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I'd say those are some pretty good looking numbers considering the mods on your bike. What matters most is whether you like the changes and you seem pretty happy. Congrats.

Old 08-28-2010, 09:45 AM
jasnusc
Road Master

Originally Posted by nemick
I'd say those are some pretty good looking numbers considering the mods on your bike. What matters most is whether you like the changes and you seem pretty happy. Congrats.
I was thinking the same thing considering I've only added the basic bolt on stuff. Im very happy with the ride!

Old 08-28-2010, 10:34 AM
Craig4711a
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What was the cost ?

Old 08-28-2010, 05:16 PM
jasnusc
Road Master

Originally Posted by Craig4711a
What was the cost ?
$100 pr hour for Dyno work.

Took 4 hours to Dyno mine.

Old 09-16-2010, 07:59 PM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

I am going to take my bike here next week if i can muster the cash. It is about a 60 mile drive each way. But they come highly recommended everywhere and i think my bike will fly once I get this done. I am calling for an appt tomorrow.

Drew

Old 09-16-2010, 09:43 PM
jasnusc
Road Master

Originally Posted by DR. V-TWIN
I am going to take my bike here next week if i can muster the cash. It is about a 60 mile drive each way. But they come highly recommended everywhere and i think my bike will fly once I get this done. I am calling for an appt tomorrow.

Drew
Drew,

Ive driven out to your place to buy my J&M Speakers and than a 2nd time to buy my Tweeter Pod and I drove to Costa Mesa to have Cycle Doctor tune my bike.

Its worth the drive to go to places as good as DRVTWIN and CYCLE DOCTOR.

You guys are both DR's you should get along well!

Old 09-16-2010, 10:23 PM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

You are too funny! I need him to write me a prescription. It's only about 60 miles from here which is not bad at all. I am waiting for him to get back to me with a time.

Drew

Old 09-16-2010, 10:43 PM
1931jamesw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

I agree those are good looking numbers with your components.

Quick Reply: My Dyno Results. Cycle Doctor Costa Mesa CA