Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bike to Bike Communication...Anyone doing it???

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2010, 10:00 AM
StonerGlide
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ptcs
Ston er...thanks..I sorta supected it may have something to do with the headset..It did not come with my Ultra as i bought it slightly used and the owner did not include that. I will take care of that and really i will need two for the wife and myself. Been thinking of going bluethooth but still doing research..
Thanks
You can still hear the CB transmissions through the speakers without headset or external mic but that is kinda like a pair of **** on a boar hog, pretty much useless.

HD has a new headset that is easy to use with half helmets or no helmet. Originals were a PITA to use with half helmets but I found a way. Many others (such as J&M) carry various types and most are a bit higher end than the HD versions. Wife and I really don't use them all that much for day rides but as it gets colder and I switch to full face I like to have them and certainly on longer trips of three days or more.

Old 09-24-2010, 04:35 AM
WZ4I
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We use the Sena units. "Pairs" to GPS, cell phone, MP3 player, etc. Battery last all day, and it's very easy to operate. Can "pair" it to 3 other Sena units, and the range (1/2 mile +) we get greatly exceeds our needs. Sena has developed a line of accessories that allows one to custom configure it to your particular helmet. Read the review at WebBikeWorld. IMO, these are currently the best units on the market.

http://www.webbikeworld.com/motorcyc...h10-part-2.htm

http://www.senabluetooth.com/

Last edited by WZ4I; 09-24-2010 at 04:41 AM.
Old 09-24-2010, 04:55 AM
PadreL
Club Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NAUIdvr1
Cardio Scala G4 Power Set. I have a pair of them and they work great. In fact wife tells me to quit yelling all the time, so I have to remember to talk normally. Will work for up to 1.6 miles on Bluetooth, even has a flip up antenna if needed. I have it connected to my GPS and my cell phone & to the wife's headset.
We have the G2 and will go to the G4 when the G2s no longer work. We don't talk much on them as we prefer to enjoy the ride. However, there have been several times where bike-to-bike communication between my wife and me has kept us out of danger, kept us together, and just made the ride better. Highly recommended, one of the best accessory investments we made.

Old 09-25-2010, 01:05 AM
rangemaster
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Look at the Cardo Scala Q2 Rider Multiset...very good pricing compared to the 'latest and greatest"...been using them for a year now as intercom (when 2 up) and bike-to-bike (when she rides hers)...
Honest range of about 500 yds line of sight, interfaces w/Bluetooth phone , rugged and reliable.
I think you can get them for well under $250 for the PAIR...