Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help what air horn to buy??

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2010, 02:21 PM
Booda
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NavyWings
So I came across this thread. I had a Hadley Bully horn on a previous bike. Saved my *** when some chick about T-boned me. She must have thought she was going to be hit by a dump truck and she locked them up. I'm sure she had to go home and change her panties.

So on my current bike I decided to go with a Howards Horn. It looks nice, but it just doesn't sound like an air horn. Kind of reminds my of a very loud old bicycle horn. Not too pleased with it (up for sale now if anyone is looking for one). So I'm back to the Hadley Bully. It was always a head turner when I hit the horn at a big group ride. EVERYONE looked.

It's really not a bad install if you're willing to give up half of one of your saddle bags. The reservoir and compressor take up about half the bag. I don't carry enough crap for that to be a big issue. A huge benefit of a traditional air horn with tank is you get an accessory hose. I can't count the number of riders' tires I inflated when we were on a ride and they were low. Excellent benefit.
Hey NavyWings,

Just curious, where did you mount those bad boys? I just looked at the link and me likey!! To quote the web page "'The Bully' air horn for gas or diesel four wheel drives, RVs, vans and pickups makes an "eighteen-wheeler" sound that can be heard approximately 1 mile away."

Thanks!
Booda