Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help what air horn to buy??

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2010, 09:23 PM
50plus
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought the Mini Beast two years ago. About a month ago, it started sounding like a wounded duck. I figure the compressor is dying. I may go with the Fiamm Freeway Blasters behind the saddlebags (thanks frenchbiker) or buy a WOLO replacement compressor and split my ailing Mini Beast. Another $170 for a Mini Beast won't happen for me.

Old 08-30-2010, 11:15 PM
captainjack
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bluesdr44
+1 on the Mini Beast II
yeeeees suurrrrr

Old 08-31-2010, 03:24 AM
grbrown
Club Member
Received 2,867 Likes on 2,429 Posts
Wink

Originally Posted by 50plus
I bought the Mini Beast two years ago. About a month ago, it started sounding like a wounded duck. I figure the compressor is dying. I may go with the Fiamm Freeway Blasters behind the saddlebags (thanks frenchbiker) or buy a WOLO replacement compressor and split my ailing Mini Beast. Another $170 for a Mini Beast won't happen for me.
Consider buying a Stebel, as others have mentioned, and you may find you can use a cheap one to repair yours.

Old 09-11-2010, 11:56 PM
NavyWings
6th Gear

So I came across this thread. I had a Hadley Bully horn on a previous bike. Saved my *** when some chick about T-boned me. She must have thought she was going to be hit by a dump truck and she locked them up. I'm sure she had to go home and change her panties.

So on my current bike I decided to go with a Howards Horn. It looks nice, but it just doesn't sound like an air horn. Kind of reminds my of a very loud old bicycle horn. Not too pleased with it (up for sale now if anyone is looking for one). So I'm back to the Hadley Bully. It was always a head turner when I hit the horn at a big group ride. EVERYONE looked.

It's really not a bad install if you're willing to give up half of one of your saddle bags. The reservoir and compressor take up about half the bag. I don't carry enough crap for that to be a big issue. A huge benefit of a traditional air horn with tank is you get an accessory hose. I can't count the number of riders' tires I inflated when we were on a ride and they were low. Excellent benefit.

Old 09-12-2010, 10:08 AM
milkbone96
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Kuryakyn Hidden Horns

I have the Kuryakyn Hidden Horns on my '07 Ultra...

http://www.kuryakyn.com/index.cfm/go...etail/IMID/260

These 115-decibel horns make old people pee.

2 trumpet-style horns don't install on the side of the motor - they mount behind the saddlebags. No water/debris issues either. P&P wiring harness lets you keep stock horn too if you want.

Old 09-12-2010, 11:29 AM
mphamrick
Road Warrior

I have the HD air horn and I like it.

Old 09-19-2010, 09:40 PM
ChristoHD
Road Warrior
Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

Has anyone tried mounting the Rivco's, or any other air horn type, on the motor crash bars? I have an issue with horns mounted under me or behind me.... After all, I am not the one who needs to hear them! ;-)

Old 09-20-2010, 05:23 AM
NYRobG
Advanced

I have the Pro-Pad Mini Beast horn. Rated at 128 db. it'll wake the deceased from any angle.

Old 09-20-2010, 06:35 AM
Harley Joe
Road Captain

...just stay away from the H-D Premium Air Horn. I've had two and they are very loud to start, but go to crap after a short time. No fix to the problem either.

Old 09-20-2010, 07:55 AM
FXSTS-88
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default 'Modified' trumpet

Don't wan't to hijack this thread, but....
I have an old panhead era electric horn & trumpet that mounts on the right side of the motor. Was wondering how difficult it would be to incorporate an air compressor and head to the trumpet. I'm sure I can assemble the mounting brackets for the trumpet. I sure liked the looks of those old trumpets.

ps: I'd be mounting it on my '05 FLHTC

Any thoughts/comments are welcomed.

Quick Reply: Help what air horn to buy??