Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tire Pressure Monitor

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2010, 02:46 PM
drharley
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tire Pressure Monitor

My 2008 Street Glide has its stock wheels with the rubber valve sticking out at a 45 degree angle. The TireGard TPM has these air caps that house the electronics that monitor the pressure. It appears that the front wheel's valve and "new" cap will be OK, but I am not sure about the rear wheel. Has anyone had experience with this system? Do I need to spend more dollars to have a new wheel with a 90 degree valve stem for the tiregard gizmo to work without breaking it on a brake caliper the first time I ride out after the easy install.

Old 08-26-2010, 11:08 PM
Dustball
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can't speak from experience, but there are quite a few posts regarding rapid tire deflation as a result of a pressure cap failure. Good luck!

-Dusty

Old 08-27-2010, 09:13 AM
jamesroadking
Road Warrior
Received 153 Likes on 95 Posts

I've been running the Tiregard tire pressure system for nine months now on my 2010 Ultra Limited with the stock mag wheels and valve stems. On your bike I'd suggest that you check the clearance to the brake calipers as the wheel rotates. It's a good system, it warns you with a beeping sound and it vibrates if your tires start loosing pressure or getting too hot with adjustable set points. I set the alarm set point at 2 psi lower that I put in to the tires. I've had no problems with the Tiregard system.

Old 08-27-2010, 05:18 PM
drharley
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jamesroadking
I've been running the Tiregard tire pressure system for nine months now on my 2010 Ultra Limited with the stock mag wheels and valve stems. On your bike I'd suggest that you check the clearance to the brake calipers as the wheel rotates. It's a good system, it warns you with a beeping sound and it vibrates if your tires start loosing pressure or getting too hot with adjustable set points. I set the alarm set point at 2 psi lower that I put in to the tires. I've had no problems with the Tiregard system.
I agree with you; what I was trying to find out if anyone has the same '08 FLHX stock wheels as I do and who has used the system. I would hate to buy the system only to check it out and find that the cap does not clear the calipers. And then hope the buggers will take it back and refund me the total purchase price (Of course I would be out the shipping charges on both ends and that sucks).