Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

07 tranny probs?

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2007, 10:03 PM
rabidd
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 07 tranny probs?

I have a 07 Ultra with 3000 miles on it the tranny has whined in5th gear since day 1. I was hoping that it was just a break in thing but it hasent gone away. Now I am really concered if the trannys are locking up I ride each day at highway speeds 60 miles a day. At the 1000 mile check they said they had to replace the clutch cable for some reason but I was getting the slack thing as well had to push the lever back forward. Now it is starting to do the same thing. I cantstand the engine noise at speed with the pinging and knocking.Has the 08 had the same problems? Something that isweird is the primary case seems to be so freaking hot. My softail is just warm.What is the customer service number?

Old 05-24-2008, 09:42 PM
Gozzie
Road Captain
Received 151 Likes on 117 Posts

[align=center] To those of you who dont have the clatter and problems with your 07 tranny or drivelines , Great !!!![/align]Please go the "Hey man, I aint got no friggin problems with my ride man" forum and let us that do have these problems try to fix them .

Many Thanks in advance

Gozzie[align=center] [/align]

Old 05-24-2008, 10:29 PM
PRUHDRK
6th Gear
Default RE: 07 tyranny probs?

OK I had the IDS installed at the dealer and the tranny noise is gone. The bike runs better feels better but I have some new noises. I now have a sound coming from the rear wheel that sounds like the belt sprocket is not aligned properly or the bearing is crooked. It makes a kind of wha wha wha sound. Is this normal? I don't know if i can just hear it now because the tranny doesn't make noise or if its a new deal. I can also hear what sounds like valve train noise and once in awhile a ping from the motor. Also, whats this about trannys locking up. Great! Any input would be appreciated.

Old 05-24-2008, 11:04 PM
hogbag07
Road Captain

check the bearings in the ids if there not torqued down to the new spec they will fail

Old 05-25-2008, 11:43 PM
thatguy
Tourer

Is the bike real warm... as in air temps in the90's when the belt or IDS makes the noise?Ihave an '08 FLHTC and heard a whoop-whoop-whoop noise coming from the belt.. or maybe the IDS, but only heard it when thebike got real hot.I was thinking the belt was too tight but havesince checked it and it is in spec.

Old 05-26-2008, 12:06 AM
Hoffy
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Gozzie

[align=center] To those of you who dont have the clatter and problems with your 07 tranny or drivelines , Great !!!![/align]Please go the "Hey man, I aint got no friggin problems with my ride man" forum and let us that do have these problems try to fix them .

Many Thanks in advance

Gozzie[align=center][/align]
Dude, are you gunnin to be a moderator police or what? Its good to see the whole picture, this way we get a feeling for how common it is. Oh and BTW my 08 has NO tranny problem, YET!!

Old 05-30-2008, 04:15 PM
Gozzie
Road Captain
Received 151 Likes on 117 Posts

ORIGINAL: Hoffy

ORIGINAL: Gozzie

Many Thanks in advance

Gozzie[align=center][/align]
Dude, are you gunnin to be a moderator police or what? Its good to see the whole picture, this way we get a feeling for how common it is. Oh and BTW my 08 has NO tranny problem, YET!!
I not trying to moderate anything, I just want to fix my ride just like everyone else. I hope your 08 is trouble free. Ours are not.

Old 06-20-2008, 07:00 PM
Harley Quinn
Stage II

When you go for a long ride, or even just a diaper dash, you
leave with a trust that you will get back without trouble.

You can't be feeling good, crusin' down the road with parts flying
off or peculiar sounds coming from under your gem stones.

I did not buy a Harley to solve puzzles. I want to ride without wrenches.
I want to trust my ride without fear of failure.

Well, at least my tranny shifts quiet and smooth....

Old 06-20-2008, 10:10 PM
PRUHDRK
6th Gear

Do I see what I think I see. The 08 bikes are having the same problems as the 07s????
&nbsp\\;
Geeo.

Old 06-20-2008, 10:58 PM
beaker
5th Gear

any harley prior to 08 does not have an isolated drive system I D S this will stop the tranny noise you have

Quick Reply: 07 tranny probs?