Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

07 tranny probs?

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2007, 06:18 PM
nwbobnw
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 07 tranny probs?

I am new to this forum but purchaced a 2007 Street Glide manufactured 3-2007 and have been riding Harleys continuously since the panhead days. In about 5 weeks I have put 4,300 miles on this motorcycle. It does run hotter than my old evo dyna but does not exhibit any other problems. This is by far the finest Harley Davidson motorcycle I have ever owned. I guess I am either one of the lucky ones or the later 2007 models might be better. Itypicallyride at about 2,800 rpm in the appropriate gear.The actual power band on this motorcycle seems to kick in at over 3,200rpm. The heat problem is definately caused by a a lean condition, but the increased mileage more than makes up for the increased temperature. Overall I am extremely happy with this motorcycle, and it runs similar to typical strokers I have owned in the past.

Old 05-07-2007, 06:28 PM
Madav8tr
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

GuessI should have kept the Roadstar!
Sell the Harley and buy another Yammi. A simple process if you are unhappy with your purchase.

Old 06-09-2007, 09:51 PM
saddletramp71
Stage I

SoCal Pappy...what weight of the oil did you put in yours?..did you also have the comp and primary stuff done to yours also?.

Old 06-09-2007, 11:44 PM
hd2007
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice to hear from someone that has owned and actually drove a stroked engine , been saying that since day one . Guys complaining are running through the gears lugging the drive line.
ORIGINAL: nwbobnw

I am new to this forum but purchaced a 2007 Street Glide manufactured 3-2007 and have been riding Harleys continuously since the panhead days. In about 5 weeks I have put 4,300 miles on this motorcycle. It does run hotter than my old evo dyna but does not exhibit any other problems. This is by far the finest Harley Davidson motorcycle I have ever owned. I guess I am either one of the lucky ones or the later 2007 models might be better. Itypicallyride at about 2,800 rpm in the appropriate gear.The actual power band on this motorcycle seems to kick in at over 3,200rpm. The heat problem is definately caused by a a lean condition, but the increased mileage more than makes up for the increased temperature. Overall I am extremely happy with this motorcycle, and it runs similar to typical strokers I have owned in the past.

Old 06-09-2007, 11:54 PM
lp
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,843 Likes on 1,599 Posts

Wow... still going with the lugging thing. Least your consistant..

lp

ORIGINAL: hd2007

Nice to hear from someone that has owned and actually drove a stroked engine , been saying that since day one . Guys complaining are running through the gears lugging the drive line.
ORIGINAL: nwbobnw

Old 06-09-2007, 11:55 PM
lp
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,843 Likes on 1,599 Posts

Or you could buy a Victory with that 100 Inch engine and 6 speed. Thats GOT to better than a Roadstar..

lp

ORIGINAL: Madav8tr

GuessI should have kept the Roadstar!
Sell the Harley and buy another Yammi. A simple process if you are unhappy with your purchase.

Old 07-12-2007, 01:31 PM
chief7620
Stage I

i have a 2006 lowrider and had the same problem . it was a loud clattering noise and i thought it was in the primary, like a tensioner had broke loose. i also noticed it would clear out in 6th gear. i said to myself it can't be the cog type gear making a noise like that unless it was broken. it normally would make a whirring noise. i figured it had to be something else. sure was, there is a small hard plastic drain tubing that drops between rear part of the frame right under the computer and fuse area. either vibration or wind made it clatter against the frame. i put silicone on it as a cushion and the noise stopped. has anyone had this problem? it could be what's causing the clattering in other bikes that i'm reading about. would like to know if anyone else know about this

Old 07-12-2007, 06:29 PM
jlbratc
Intermediate

Bought a new FLHTC yestarday 07 no problems with anything,tranny is smooth love it built 6/07

Old 07-12-2007, 06:35 PM
stro1965
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 710 Likes on 353 Posts

I haven't posted to this thread yet so I thought it was about time. I've had my '07 Ultra for about 5 weeks now and absolutely love it. 2000 miles so far and I don't regret the trade for a second BUT...I DO have the 5th gear clatter, chatter, whatever. Pretty loud and annoying as heck. I intend to complain about it next time I'm at the dealership, but it's not so bad as to make me think less of the bike overall. I hope to quiet it down this weekend with Redline Heavy, we shall see I guess. If not, I guess I can live with it. I don't want to, but neither do I want to give up my bike.

Old 07-12-2007, 07:20 PM
rmsurveyors
Tourer

Good luck with the dealer. Also, the clatter gets worse with miles, due to poor tolerances in the tranny and the engine as well. The dealer will most likely tell you all this clatter noise is normal, and if he does ask him why don'tthey alldo it? The only common denominator between the ones that clatter and the ones that don't clatter are tolerances, since they all have the same pieces/parts. Don't fall for the old lugging the engine thing as well. 3000 RPM is not lugging one of these engines. The dealers and a host of other people have lots of excuses why HD doesn't need to fix their 07 screw up. If youbelieve the dealers really think there is nothing wrong with these clatter wagons, try trading one in and see what they allow you for trade-in, it will make you sick!

Quick Reply: 07 tranny probs?