Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

07 tranny probs?

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2007, 07:15 PM
Doug
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 07 tranny probs?

Blah Blah Blah

Old 02-07-2007, 07:29 PM
tmitchellof PG
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

ORIGINAL: RainMaker

We shall see. I too have read for hours about the hit and miss of the bike but will be picking mine up either this afternoon or tomorrow.

I bought the 07 Ultra Classic and had Rinehate Eagle Beaks installed and race tuner/Filter. From everything I have read, regarding the heating issue, this pretty much corrects it (pipes, adjustments).

Let me put some miles on my new lady and I will let you guys know.

I bought extended 5 year, 3 years of complete services (includes tires, brakes, you name it... gas and inspection the only cost for the next 3 years), hell..not only that.. if there is a problem with my ****, i get a "loaner bike".

Either way, not giving up on HD just yet. Still better thanthe alternative.... .. once you go HD.. cant see going back. I would rather hang up the helmet than ride a Honda...but thats me..
Do you know the manufacturing date of your bike? What part of the country do you live in, where you will be evaluating the mods that you have done to the bike?
The main reason I shied away from a 2007 model was the heat issue. It is always fairly warm where I live in SW Florida. I was afraid it would be uncomfortably hot even after doing the mods.
I hope yours runs great with the race tune. Let us know.
Tom

Old 02-07-2007, 09:01 PM
ToadKing
6th Gear

Just a thought here. I wasan engine rep in the heavy duty engine business for years for Caterpillarand when dealing with hard to solve complaints of noise and vibration I would use a vibration anaylzer to pinpoint the problem. If the MOCO would test on the dyno and run a bike with no known problems for a base run, then run one of the problem child bikes they might find where the problem originates. It may only point to the area of the trans or primary and then they could dig further.

Old 02-07-2007, 09:02 PM
electaRICK
Extreme HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

not everyones input in here is correct,, just remember that!!!!!!!!!
If I come up with the answer,, I'll be the one ya wanna listen to

Old 02-07-2007, 09:36 PM
pittguy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It has been tested very similar to what you descibed on some.They know where its coming from.The question is how to cost effectively stop it in all bikes that have this.Or to ignore it and hope it gets better or people become use to it like the 6th gear whine.

Old 02-08-2007, 06:30 PM
RainMaker
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: tmitchellof PG

Do you know the manufacturing date of your bike? What part of the country do you live in, where you will be evaluating the mods that you have done to the bike?
The main reason I shied away from a 2007 model was the heat issue. It is always fairly warm where I live in SW Florida. I was afraid it would be uncomfortably hot even after doing the mods.
I hope yours runs great with the race tune. Let us know.
Tom
Yea, I was worried about the heat issues too but most everything i read says the pipes/tuner/filter reduces is dramatically. I live around the Raleigh, NC area and will have to get back to you on the production date (to lazy to walk to the parking lot atm )

I have decided to start a "diary" for every day I ride since I picked it up yesterday (lol, yea.. gets slow at the office so I have some time to work on it ). Perhaps when I get some pages written up, I can post a link to it for others to review.

So far, I do hear the whine in 5th gear only. It is pretty loud, even with the rineharts, but within reason. I had a 06 SG and it had the same whine and never had any problems with it. So between the pipes and the toons, def not a show stopper. The only "concerning" thing I have heard in the 120 miles I have put on it so far was this morning. When I cranked her in ~30degree weather, she rattled pretty good. Bearing/Valve (yea, she drained down overnight) noise lasted ~2seconds and cleared right up. Being a car guy and years of engine building under my belt, I dont like hearing that ... thus.. the diary was invented.

It can only help in the event I have to work with HD on issues. I can provide a day-to-day account of the issues instead of trying to remember off the top of my head...

Will def keep you guys posted...

Old 03-09-2007, 11:00 AM
electaRICK
Extreme HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Here Ya go CHOO CHOO

Old 03-15-2007, 10:31 PM
snaper
1st Gear

[&:]I HAVE A NEW ULTRA WITH 3400 HUNDRED MILES ON IT
I HADE IT BIG BORE TO 103 AND IT NO ENGINE NOISE OR TRANNY NOISE AT ALL AND I HOPE ITS NOT GOING TO BE A PROBLEM

Old 03-15-2007, 11:05 PM
ironoxide
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Rick,

Your thread's got some work to do to catch CT_Duke's, so I'll help it along!

Old 03-16-2007, 08:53 AM
JeffSG
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Amen, brother.

Peace,

ORIGINAL: electaRICK

not everyones input in here is correct,, just remember that!!!!!!!!!
If I come up with the answer,, I'll be the one ya wanna listen to

Quick Reply: 07 tranny probs?