Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

07 tranny probs?

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2007, 11:19 AM
parakiller
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: 07 tranny probs?

I also have "slop" in the throttle after my 1000 mile service..they said that it was supposed to be like that. It wasnt like that when I brought it to them though...

Old 01-30-2007, 12:45 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

ORIGINAL: parakiller

I also have "slop" in the throttle after my 1000 mile service..they said that it was supposed to be like that. It wasnt like that when I brought it to them though...
It should have some slack, but not much, just enough to bottom out and idle properly. If it feels too sloppy, loosen the back throttle cable adjuster nut and adjust it 'til it feels right. Again, it should have some slack, so don't take it all out.

Old 01-30-2007, 01:58 PM
parakiller
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

iclick,

Thanks for the info. I will check it out tonight when I get home.

Old 01-31-2007, 10:09 PM
eharms325
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any news??? I have an 07' FLHTC thats sounds like it has a rod knock when in 5th and it is at any rpm. Then it quiets down fine when shifted to 6th. I'm thinking of putting in the Baker repair for this problem. But I'll give HD a few more months to figure it out.
Not riding this winter, and I just put on rinehardt true duals. So maybe I won't hear 5th this spring.

Old 01-31-2007, 10:47 PM
electaRICK
Extreme HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

this thread has been quiet for a while???? wait till spring??

Old 02-02-2007, 06:26 PM
pittguy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think the groundhog was right,things are going to heat up before spring.

Old 02-07-2007, 10:51 AM
resinator
Cruiser

[:@]Bought 07 Ultra classic and have the tranny noise and heat problem. Did the recent factory download, with nochange in the outcome. If the bike is so hot at this time of the year in New England, what is going to happen in July and August. Been to the dealers several times with the problem, and all they say is that is normal. After spending $25,000 plus for a bike, these problems should have been addressed before it got to the showroom. Now you wonder why the showrooms are empty, except for the salesmen. If you call Harley, you just get the run around.

Old 02-07-2007, 03:31 PM
RainMaker
Cruiser

We shall see. I too have read for hours about the hit and miss of the bike but will be picking mine up either this afternoon or tomorrow.

I bought the 07 Ultra Classic and had Rinehate Eagle Beaks installed and race tuner/Filter. From everything I have read, regarding the heating issue, this pretty much corrects it (pipes, adjustments).

Let me put some miles on my new lady and I will let you guys know.

I bought extended 5 year, 3 years of complete services (includes tires, brakes, you name it... gas and inspection the only cost for the next 3 years), hell..not only that.. if there is a problem with my ****, i get a "loaner bike".

Either way, not giving up on HD just yet. Still better thanthe alternative.... .. once you go HD.. cant see going back. I would rather hang up the helmet than ride a Honda...but thats me..

Old 02-07-2007, 05:44 PM
Doug
Cruiser

Good luck

Old 02-07-2007, 06:14 PM
gunrunner
Elite HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

[sm=icon_blah.gif][sm=icon_blah.gif][sm=icon_blah.gif] dang this thread won't die[sm=icon_rofl.gif] Here it is in a nutshell for those that tuned in late:A large96 CI air cooled motor running on EPA required settings will be hotter than a 88 CI motor on the same settings. This is not a thing harley can controll their hands are tied by the EPA. I have had a dozen harleys and here's the news flash! Every dang one of them was hot in stock form . Add a fuel enrichment device, SERT, PCIII, fuel pack and the heat will be reduced by 60+ degrees and it will run better. Other than that you will have to buy a bike with a fan and radiator or deal with the higher heat of the 96. 5th gear was made to whine by its design and whine it will without a single issue whatsoever, nothing can be done to stop it short of rebuilding or replacing the trans or parts with some aftermarket pieces. It is not a defect, so forget about it and ride.

Quick Reply: 07 tranny probs?