Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

07 tranny probs?

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2007, 09:09 PM
pittguy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: 07 tranny probs?

can tell you about mine. I bought an 07 Screaming Eagle Ultra Classic. Engine heat was cured with a remap by dealer. Engine developed loud ticking and a knocking sound. Dealer Contacted MoCo and pulled the lower rocker and ground to allow extra clearance for valve springs. (this is the 110CI engine.)
By 800 miles the knock was louder. Back to dealer. They contacted the MoCo, and they advised to pull the front cylinder. Tech advised Rod was making contact.[/align]MoCo overnight shipped a new engine, the day before factory closed for Christmas vacation. Dealer put new engine in, and off I went. Seemed to be much quieter, and ran great for 100 miles. Then, a knock started. Took back to dealer. As service manager returned from test drive, myself and a detailer could hear the sound from about 50 yards out. Was told factory was closed, go ahead and ride it. Went another 28 miles, knock was getting louder, loud whine developed in the engine, (when stopped in nuetral, you could rev bike and hear the rise and fall of the whine)[/align]Last few lights had loss of power as I returned to the dealership. Dropped bike off.[/align]On Monday, they said factory rep was coming Tuesday. He came and rode bike. He never would talk to me, but here's what the dealership said. He said yes there was substantial noise, but he thought it was very tight and needed more miles.[/align]I ride substantial miles and was afraid I'd get stuck in BFE with a dead bike. Told them I wasn't picking it up till it was fixed. Now, they want to send the entire bike back to MoCo. Said it would probably take a month. This is a 35+ thousand dollar bike. As a life Hog member with 34 years riding only Harleys, I am none to happy.[/align]Good luck with your 07's.This is not my experience but from another owner on a different site.[/align]

Old 01-08-2007, 09:10 PM
cdale976
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

reading these posts shouldn't scare anyone away from HD. Just do your research and you will find that if it is a big twin you want buy a 2001 through 2004. The 88 was at it's best in those years as harley started cuttin corners in 05 and 06 ibn the bottom end of the engines. All in all just buy the extended warranty and ride it like you stole it. If all you want is a driveway ornament who cares how it sounds or runs. just remember thaT HARLEY is sellin alot of bikes and the market is gettin flooded so resale will take a hit .

Old 01-08-2007, 09:17 PM
cdale976
Road Master

pittguy

you'll love this. I went down to store after dinner and my 07 rk died again. 15 min utes later started and rode home.

Old 01-08-2007, 09:24 PM
pittguy
Outstanding HDF Member

Mine only did that twice and both times in stock form,never coded.With PC111 it neverhappened.

Old 01-11-2007, 09:56 PM
electaRICK
Extreme HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

anything new????

Old 01-12-2007, 06:42 PM
pittguy
Outstanding HDF Member

Nothing new,doesnt look promising.

Old 01-12-2007, 07:01 PM
Hollywood
Banned

Looks like the 07,110 ci, are having more problems then the 96 ci. I saw a used 07, 110 ci RK up for sale at my dealer. There were only a couple of hundred miles on it. There was one fella who was interested in buying it.

Old 01-29-2007, 11:15 PM
PRUHDRK
6th Gear

My 07 Road King has 1100 miles on it and other than the rock tumbler in 5th and 6th, The road lamps that fogged up and the odometer button cover that fell off, all good. Just had the 1000 mi service done. The dealer replaced the lights for free and said something about a new high power bulb that burned the rubber seals out. He said to not use them all the time?????????? They are staying on. Also had the cruise control and security siren installed. Is there suposed to be some slop in the throttle after this install? Anyway it works great. He also did the torque smoothing thing but if it did anything it seems to run better. The tranny noise is only there at even throttle under no load (not the whine, the rattle) in 5th and 6th. Before i bought this bike i rode a Honda Magna for 9 years and only changed the oil and tires. If this bike breaks once a month im still glad i bought it. Someone on the HD forum said ride it like you stole it and let the warranty cover it , and that's my plan. Buy It. Ride Safe. PRU........

Old 01-30-2007, 01:12 AM
CroftonDamico
Cruiser

Teachu

same here:45-60 on back roads andhills is 4th gear, not 5th.

Old 01-30-2007, 10:13 AM
harleybob
Cruiser

I just got back from vacation. I rented a brand new 07 EG. There is a loud whine in fifth gear. I also heard a knocking noise not sure if it was the motor or trans. I may have lugged it. On the bright side at 80 mph I had a lower rpm and less vibration. Bob.

Quick Reply: 07 tranny probs?