Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

07 tranny probs?

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2006, 10:10 AM
lp
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,843 Likes on 1,599 Posts
Default RE: 07 tranny probs?

I was surprised too. Although the equivalent viscosity is not all that impressive, it is gear oil. Maybe it retains it's thickness somehow. Again, for some reason it worked for me.

There are a few posts on reseating the compensator sprocket. You know taking it off and then putting it on again. Some say that theirs was not seated all the way down and after doing this, it helped. Who knows why?
The primary chain tensioner can make some noise and or cause some harmonics if it causes the chain to be too tight. One guy here at work replaced his with a manual one and said his noise went away. Yeah, he's going to remove the outter primary cover every time he needs to adjust it. Not the smartest thing to do, but he likes it.

lp

Old 12-16-2006, 10:11 AM
Chuck1
Road Warrior
Received 88 Likes on 66 Posts

ORIGINAL: electaRICK

I FOUND IT!!!!!!!!! THE NOISE......... IT IS A HORESHOE!! from a amish buggy,,, trapped underneath hittin the belt and primary,,,, everyone go out and remove your lucky horeshoe,, ,, it made my lottorey #s hit last night! Im worth bazillions,,,,, I gained 37%more HP by no more friction,,and I can cancel letting my buddy weld on my "BUNG"!
....SLAP!!!!!!!!!...{wife---"get off the dang puter, get dressed and take me ridin!!!!}..... yes dear! see ya fellas
Man that caught me off guard [sm=laughingsmilie.gif], glad you can keep your sense of humor.

Old 12-16-2006, 06:24 PM
electaRICK
Extreme HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

hahaha... I forgot all about that post,,,,,
dam I'm funny!! lol

Old 12-16-2006, 06:48 PM
pittguy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

http://groups.msn.com/harleytechtalk...02191473611893 heres a stacking problem.

Old 12-16-2006, 09:07 PM
pittguy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Left side 07 brg has again been redesigned.New download to ease lwr end stresses,C/S stating clatter noise due to stacking variances,no failures yet but could this be in our future?

Old 12-16-2006, 10:14 PM
Easyglide
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: gunrunner

If you want the best results, use amsoil or mobil 1, 20-50 motocycle fully syn. oil in primary. Formula + is a straight 50 weight oil with added shear properties, it works as good as any, but the fully syn. will do better hot. Repalce your trans oil with a full syn. 75/90 gear oil, again mobile 1 and amsoil do the best, better than redline heavy shock proof too.
Gunrunner, what are you using in the crankcase?

Old 12-23-2006, 11:52 AM
2007RoadKing
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just checked mine and no pre-load condition existed. Loosened bracket bolt and nothing moved at all. I h=was really hoping as the noise at 2300 miles is worse than ever.

Old 12-23-2006, 12:18 PM
gunrunner
Elite HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: Easyglide

ORIGINAL: gunrunner

If you want the best results, use amsoil or mobil 1, 20-50 motocycle fully syn. oil in primary. Formula + is a straight 50 weight oil with added shear properties, it works as good as any, but the fully syn. will do better hot. Repalce your trans oil with a full syn. 75/90 gear oil, again mobile 1 and amsoil do the best, better than redline heavy shock proof too.
Gunrunner, what are you using in the crankcase?
I like Amsol 20/50 for big twins but in all the tests Mobil1 big twin 20/50 is just as good, these 2 tested as the best of all the true syn. motorcycle oils. Mobil 1 for big twins can be found at autozones and walmart. Amsoil can be ordered and ships quick. There are others that work good, royal purple is ok, but most all cost as much as the 2 better brands.

Old 12-23-2006, 07:57 PM
tomracer69
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

07 road king...Shifted like like my 03 dyana,.all kind of noises vibes etc...A real harley rider told me i was short shifting it like a small blk chevy . Tried shifting at higher rpm..Guess what he was 100% right .The new motor tranny comboneeds higher rpm shift range. All happy now !!!!.Love my 07 White road king classic ,now have 3,000 trouble free miles.(just my view) Happy holidays ...TOMMY NYC

Old 12-24-2006, 01:04 AM
electaRICK
Extreme HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: Chuck1

ORIGINAL: electaRICK

I FOUND IT!!!!!!!!! THE NOISE......... IT IS A HORESHOE!! from a amish buggy,,, trapped underneath hittin the belt and primary,,,, everyone go out and remove your lucky horeshoe,, ,, it made my lottorey #s hit last night! Im worth bazillions,,,,, I gained 37%more HP by no more friction,,and I can cancel letting my buddy weld on my "BUNG"!
....SLAP!!!!!!!!!...{wife---"get off the dang puter, get dressed and take me ridin!!!!}..... yes dear! see ya fellas
Man that caught me off guard [sm=laughingsmilie.gif], glad you can keep your sense of humor.
mama always said , laughter was the best medicine,,,,,
tylenol sure didnt work!!!!!

Quick Reply: 07 tranny probs?