Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

07 tranny probs?

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2006, 01:27 AM
Madav8tr
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 07 tranny probs?

Let it clatter, whine, grind or whatever it wants to do until it fookin breaks. You have a warranty and it sounds like the guys with the whine or the clatter or whatever have already advised everyone that needs to know about any possible problems. Ride the crap out of it and when/if it goes, then you have a history of the issue and the repair won't be a problem. I have an '07 Street Glide and although I don't hear any clattering(yet?) if I do I will report it to my dealer and get their opinion on it. If they can't replicate the sound, that's fine, I will ride it until it gets worse problem wise or blows up............whichever comes first. The one thing I won't do is come on here and bash anyone that tries to help me or tries to enlighten me. I wonder if the guys on here complaining treat their dealerships the same way? If so, no wonder the dealer can't hear anything wrong.

Old 10-08-2006, 01:27 AM
Motor Squad
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: daconiam

OK, I have a 07 Black Cherry Ultra due to arrive on the 2nd of November and I am VERY Nervous about buying it now. I have an 05 Heritage and wanted to upgrade to an Ultra for my "final" style of bike.

Should I wait or get an 06 instead???? I asked my dealer today about any problems he has heard about the 07s and he said that some folks talked about a "noisy" 5th gear but thought it was nothing to worry about......

Scared and I admit it........
I would suggest buying the 07. My 07 Police RK has the 5th gear noise. My 07 POSE RK has an ever so slight 5th gear noise. So far it's just that, a noise. Would I buy another 2007 if I had the money? Heck yeah. Until this "noise" starts deadlining bikes, just ride it and enjoy. The 6th gear is a great improvement and the 96" motor is nice.

Old 10-08-2006, 04:53 AM
07ultrachuck
Novice

After I had my 07 ultra 1000 mile service I noticed the rpms changing. I had all syntec oil put in it.

My bike has had a tranny oil leak since about two hundered miles on it have had it back in about every tank of gas to make sure it wasn't going to burn it up.

They said to ride it to the 1000 mile check up. Well they say the leak was caused by the speedo sensor under the starter so they said they repaired it and now just under 1300 mile on bike had to take it back in leak was back.

I don't really seem to be having the gear noise that eveyone else is hearing. but i do hear the pinging sound when your getting through the gears.

Also when you put her in sixth gear at about fifty like one of the other guy's was saying i thought my eyes were giving me fits it make my eyes vibrate.

Old 10-08-2006, 11:53 AM
electaRICK
Extreme HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

HEY!! PITGUY....quote"Several of us w/the same issues have banded together and kept each up to date on status,feedbacks etc via private communications" ya keeping me outta the LOOP???

EVERYONE!!!! listen up.... go back to this thread original post,,, see what-- I -- said... I feel I was one of the earliest NEW bikes with a serious prob... all I wanted to see if I was an Isolated case or anyone else havin the same prob,,,, come to find out there is quite a few.
once agian,, were talkin 07 touring-mostly ULTRA's..were up to page 21 in here so its a hot topic,,,if ya dont mind,,read but dont add your 2 cents if aint a cure or a recent answer from the MocO..... ahem gunnrunner kaachooh. and docpoof we know your bike is fine.lol
all in favor of a new thread for clatter members only,, say aye

Old 10-08-2006, 12:42 PM
CT_Duke
Intermediate

ORIGINAL: electaRICK

HEY!! PITGUY....quote"Several of us w/the same issues have banded together and kept each up to date on status,feedbacks etc via private communications" ya keeping me outta the LOOP???

EVERYONE!!!! listen up.... go back to this thread original post,,, see what-- I -- said... I feel I was one of the earliest NEW bikes with a serious prob... all I wanted to see if I was an Isolated case or anyone else havin the same prob,,,, come to find out there is quite a few.
once agian,, were talkin 07 touring-mostly ULTRA's..were up to page 21 in here so its a hot topic,,,if ya dont mind,,read but dont add your 2 cents if aint a cure or a recent answer from the MocO..... ahem gunnrunner kaachooh. and docpoof we know your bike is fine.lol
all in favor of a new thread for clatter members only,, say aye
AYE!!!
And as the idiots pop in, which they will, use the block button ot block them. At least then we will only see the ones pertaining to the problem.

Old 10-08-2006, 12:59 PM
gunrunner
Elite HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Old 10-08-2006, 01:01 PM
electaRICK
Extreme HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

listen here sonny,,,,, you best mind yer pees and q'sss... and get out of here you scoundrel,,, {wheres my broom}.... shooooo shooo

hey,,, where'd your ol lady comment go??????????

Old 10-08-2006, 02:48 PM
pittguy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Why cant dealer/rep hear noise?Dealer has heard noise but only after several attemps and rep didnt think it was out of normalness.My bike HAS to be riden on hwy for 40 miles or so at speeds exceeding speed limit or longer hwy speeds at rated speeds.I usually ride under the first condition.This noise takes some time and the area that it happens is very tight.My dealer couldnt find the area when he dynoed it,I found it right away.The noise Im hearing while riding is nothing like what is heard on dyno and thats w/ bike loaded on dyno as well as unloaded.My rep had my bike out for 2hrs and put on 72 miles.Do the math,this isnt pushing this bike at all.This noise to me ,on my bike doesnt appear to be coming from trans,maybe pimary but sounded more motor related.Can it be a top end oiling/breather problem due to it only happens at higher extended speeds?Or is it in the primary and transferring?I can hear this noise somewhat at higher speeds but not well.At higher speeds it sounds like a crackling sound,once rpms are lowered the crackling sound turns into a fast rattle.Many here w/problems hear the noise best at lwr speeds/rpms and are accused of lugging motor,the noise is still there at higher speeds but has taken that rattle and tightened up the range to change its sound. The bike the rep used off the showroom floor made some noise,close to mine after his ride,but both of them or least mine wouldve sounded harsher if the bikes were riden as I described. Electric Rick just PM me. When calling C/S, I like to know what has been said to others just to see if Im told the same and vice-versa.It seems you have go thru the dumbness routine w/them until something useful is said. Ive tried all they have said w/in reason on having others look/ride this thing,it bought them time while I still have a noisey POS.Its been almost a month since noise started and Ive had enough.I really hope one of these bike magazines has the backbone to take my bike and see for themselves and have the b#lls to report it.Until then I plan on going the legal road starting this week or early next.

Old 10-08-2006, 04:14 PM
StreetGlider56
Road Warrior

My dealer is the same way, Mancuso Harley Davidson, Playing Dumb, It's obvious there covering up, body language the looks they give each other.

I'm sick of the BS, And I ain't taking it anymore!!

Old 10-08-2006, 04:26 PM
pittguy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Dealers are in a bind either way.the MOCO needs to take the brunt of this not the dealers.Unfortunately the dealer takes the lose in the end.Looses business from angry buyers,sales fall off,and lemon laws goes against them.

Quick Reply: 07 tranny probs?