Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

07 tranny probs?

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2006, 01:20 PM
CT_Duke
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 07 tranny probs?

My dealer has had my bike now for 9 days. They had the MoCo rep there twice. There are several of us that have the same problem with the clattering trannies and all were invited for a meeting and testing of the bikes. They put each one on the Dyno and took the rpms up claiming that at the higher rpms there was no noise. Bulls*&t!! The clattering is just so close together that it blends in with the overall noise but if ya listen real close you can hear it. The rep said that 6th gear should not be used under 70 mph. So that means it is useless in the East where the max is 65 mph. Don't jump on that, I know we all exceed it. The point is this idiot is telling us to break the speed limit to use 6th gear. He claims the bikes are sound and need no repair or modification. Now at this point, if your bike does not make the noise don't jump in here with expertise. Having a bike that is trouble free DOES NOT make you an expert, maybe a know it all, but not an expert. If you think there is nothing wrong with the bike, send me $22k and I'll pay the shipping, then tell me all about lugging and how you hear nothing at all.

Now last week Cindy at the MoCo said they know what the problem is but would not tell me. Think about that. One says there is a problem and they know what it is and the other says there is no problem that the bikes are sound. I gave them all the trust I could until there was obvious proof they are lying and pulling our chains.

Unfortunately the lemon law for me means that it goes against the dealer and not the MoCo. My dealer has been open and honest with me and admits that this is all BS. They know there is a problem and the MoCo is sidestepping it, leaving right in the dealer's lap. I don't want to go against this dealer but it is my $22k so I got no choice. I plan on negotiating with him to buy the 07 Ultra back from me and I'll buy a Softtail. After accessories he should not be out any money, just stuck with a f&#ked up bike to unload. In 6 days the lemon law kicks in. The dealer was telling me that one guy left his bike for 15 days because he just didn't want it, used the lemon law and got his money back. So it is almost a sure thing, I hope he buys it back.

If a class action law suit starts, and I believe it will, then count me in. Just post it as such so we all will see it immediately. I was loyal to my first wife until the bitch deceived me, I've always been loyal to Harley and now they've deceived me. My loyalty is waning and I'd love to kick their *** for not being big enough to stand up and admit they screwed up and fix the problem. Better to hurt the bottom line that way then in court with bad publicity.

Old 10-06-2006, 01:37 PM
gunrunner
Elite HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Same motor/trans in the softail....

Old 10-06-2006, 06:12 PM
thatguy
Tourer

And that is why HD made 5th gear a SPUR cut - a strong gear to shift down to for passing at highway speeds.

Old 10-06-2006, 07:33 PM
bucs012
Road Master

Shoot, maybe HD can now fix my 07 so it does not DIE on me when I pass someone at hiway speeds.

Old 10-06-2006, 07:45 PM
electaRICK
Extreme HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

ct-duke,,, I'm singing the same song brother

Old 10-06-2006, 08:19 PM
StreetGlider56
Road Warrior

OK folks here's a good one, On the way home got in a little traffic, the bike started to
drop a cylinder then come back... it was shaking so bad it shook my left bag right off..
BAM hit the ground... scrached the lid up really good...

Called the dealer and " Really lit into them.." They said there is a FIX for this...(cylinder dropping)

I also told them I was sick of this rattling $hit...

Anyway, There going to cover the bag, and get the thing fixed....

Or I WANT MY 06 Ultra back!!!!

Old 10-06-2006, 08:19 PM
cornholio
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: electaRICK

ct-duke,,, I'm singing the same song brother
a few of us are

Old 10-06-2006, 09:14 PM
pittguy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

CT-duke pretty well nailed it.I too wouldnt want my dealer to take the rap on this and end up selling this thing to someone else to deal with.I want the head of this demon.Im sick of being lied to also.Thats what pisses me off the most.I also have this Cindy now,she must be the toughest of the bunch.But she better be ready for me when she calls on Monday.Im done w/the reps and going back to dealer every few days.This started at 130 miles and bike is just shy of 1100 now.No oil changes have worked.

Old 10-07-2006, 12:36 AM
rmarion
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I still believe that 2000 is lugging..........................BUT!!!!!!!!!

today, I tried (my 2006) and rode her around while maintaining 2000k rpm's. I believe I was in 4th gear crusing around 50 mph. I can tell ya............my motor cruises SWEET at 2000 rpms..............I could not believe how smooth she was, no rattle, shakes what so ever.................

I still believe 2k is lugging and mainly not ride below 2,800 rpm. I was suprised that my motor didn't shake at 2k.

Maybe I change my riding style and get some more mpg's..........

Old 10-07-2006, 12:37 AM
waltr
Cruiser

You can see my post here detailing a letter I sent to Cindy in reference to the clatter. I asked her to put into writing her recomendation to not shift by the manual. If the MoCo backsteps on there recomended shift points that leaves them open for having to go back and repass federal noise standard , fuel economy and possibly emissions tests because I am sure these tests were done at lower RPM's in 6'th. I still have not heard a repy from Cindy. Anybody tells you this bike needs to be operated differenty than recommended ask them to put that in writing. I believe we are dealing with gear rattle. The power pulses of the engine are causing the gears to move back and forth within their freeplay. More noticible at a RPM where the pulses can be heard individually therefore 6'th gear.
Something Cindy said made me think. I stated I only hear it in 6'th and she said it's ther in all gears or possibly said i'ts always there I can't remember her exact words, but indicated it is only more noticible in 6'th.

Quick Reply: 07 tranny probs?