Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

07 tranny probs?

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2006, 11:41 AM
StreetGlider56
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 07 tranny probs?

Baker Six Speed.... And fix the compensader...

I now get a loud alternator noise at idle...

I'm almost ready to tear into this thing and FIND the problems...

That's what it's going to take, Someone to FIND the problems take pictures and post them in MOCO's face...

I don't want to ride my NEW HARLEY ($23.000 freakin dollars + financing) TWO YEARS, and then have to renew the warantee.

Let's get with the program MOCO, or I will...

Old 09-28-2006, 08:50 PM
electaRICK
Extreme HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

TJRKC,,,,,,,, you did not start this thread

Old 09-29-2006, 01:23 AM
TJRKC
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Right you are--another in the long line of lapses in memory. Could be due to all the hot air rushing in and out of my ears while standing in front of service department managers clarifying (thank the Gods) for us all that we are all nuts and this will just go away....or it could just be that I have started very similar threads on other similar sites and got mixed up. Hopefully I'm forgiven?

I bought an 07 FLHRS and have had all the same issues as everyone here with the transmission and more recently with surging issues (which I am pleased to say seem to have been eliminated since having a Race Tuner installed on top of the VH slip on's and SE air cleaner. My dealer just got a new dynamometer and my bike was used to develop the maps for this configuration for their shop so I got 9 hours dyna time at no charge, which was real nice. Rode it home tonight and smooth as silk. The pipes are doing a very nice job of masking the awful noises in 1st and 5th gears (I thought it was just 5th that was straight cut but was told tonight it is also 1st). As long as I can just forget about the fact that it's happening I'll be ok.

I will be attaching a graph of the dyna shortly for anyone interested in it.

Anyhoo. Thread's all yours, electaRICK--just along for the ride!

Old 09-29-2006, 10:52 AM
electaRICK
Extreme HDF Member

tjrk,,,,, haha,,,, the same exact thing hap to me in the tranny section,,,,,, I was corrected {wasnt my thread},, and for the same reasons as you,,,, anywhooo,,,, now I feel better , and I guess your next,,, its kinda like tag thing,,,,lol........
I was a new bike owner,just checkin on what was going on with my bike and didnt think Id get this kinda reaction,, now I'm sittin back and watching it unfold,, //and to describe my noise,,, it aint a lil whir,, it aint a lil clank,,,its crusin in 5th 55-60 mph, when hot,, that deffining circular saw screachin,,, or like pitguy says, jetsons sound

Old 09-29-2006, 05:29 PM
pittguy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Read todays trans secton.Around 3:30 time.

Old 09-29-2006, 06:03 PM
Akitakoi
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: pittguy

Read todays trans secton.Around 3:30 time.
Eastern time?

Old 09-29-2006, 06:06 PM
pittguy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Post 343, 3:21est

Old 09-29-2006, 08:02 PM
electaRICK
Extreme HDF Member

big hand on the 3?????

Old 09-30-2006, 03:20 PM
392heminut
Road Captain

I picked up my new Ultra yesterday and put about 60 miles on it. So far all I have is the 5th gear whine, no rocks in a can noise yet. I'm hoping I got lucky!

Old 09-30-2006, 06:39 PM
RebelRouser
Banned

Just got off the phone with a dealership in La. I was working out a deal. I get on the phone with the sales manager and this man tells me he's looking for a Black Harley. I told Him I didnt want one that had the problems to find a new one off the asembly line. He said - Quote - THEY ALL DO IT. THERE GOING TO WINE. iT'S BECAUSE OF THE DIFFERANT CUT IN THE GEARS AND ITS JUST THE NATURE OF THE BEAST. DO YOU WANT IT OR NOT ? I SAID - BUT WHAT IF I RIDE IT AND IT SOUNDS BAD ? HE SAID DO YOU WANT IT OR NOT ? I SAID NO. End quote.
That right there tells you what Harley is going to do. NOTHING ! He said there was no problem.
HOW DO YOU LIKE HARLEY NOW ???? BECAUSE OF THIS PHONE CALL I WILLNOT OWN A HARLEY UNTILL THEY HAVE A BETTER ATTITUDE ABOUT THERE CUSTOMERS.

Quick Reply: 07 tranny probs?